Junk Files

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by John Bull, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. culla

culla Registered Member

(Ccleaner is Detecting HKLocalMachine\SOFTWARE\AVG\Avg9)

let ccleaner remove that and welcome to 2011 its still 2010:rolleyes:

2. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

FanJ you are so logical. YES, one would ask why CC includes AVG and MBAM on their list. Security programs are nothing to do with CC, they should mind their own business and concentrate on system crap.

Quite frankly as you suggest, I find the inclusion of security programs in CC`s listing an insult to the very concept of system cleaning.

So, my query about AVG9 is now dead, I will take no notice whatever of security programs being included in the CC listings, whether they list AVG9 or AVG 2011 and MBAM, I could not care less. To me such inclusions are just a waste of space.

Thank you FanJ for a sensible comment which I feel has answered my OP perfectly.

3. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

I am a self confessed miserable failure at searching the Forum, so having not found a CCleaner thread I can use, am resorting to this one.

CCleaner comes up with 1,500 Windows system temporary files - 106.5 MB and a large number of Missing TypeLib references in the Registry.

Can I simply hit the button and safely delete these ?

Piriform only backup Registry files, all others just go.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Yes, with registry changes backed up just in case just remove, with extreme prejudice, all temp files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.