Junk Cleanup

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rico, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Used ccleaner, privazer, & now win10 cleanmgr. Deleted cc & priva. I don't see much advantage to re install either. Your 2 pennies pls.

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Win10 cleanmgr is Windows built-in cleanup tool or some 3rd party cleanup tool?
    On Windows 7 I use both, built-in disk cleanup tool and CCleaner. They clean different things and only partly overlap.

3. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Well, this is 2/3 of a penny's worth but I have to maintain disk space seeing as I only have a 117 gb C drive. I use built in Windows disk cleanup, esp. after a round of updates, also Settings/Storage to delete temp files daily. I run System Maintenance every 2-3 weeks. I seldom use CCleaner but when I do, I scroll and check off additional things like Prefetch under Windows and Applications. Not everything because who knows what impact that has. I manually delete a lot also. Never use the Registry Cleaner, ever. I do all registry work myself.

Do you mean Windows 10 Manager? Never used that or Privazer. Just don't use a lot of third party tweakers. I guess whatever is suited for YOU, it's all subjective. And if you have the disk space, why not?

4. Rico

Rico Registered Member

cleanmgr is the executable file, brings up 'disk clean up' utility

5. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

http://www.wisecleaner.com/wise-disk-cleaner.html

https://driverstoreexplorer.codeplex.com

Code:
    fsutil usn deletejournal /d /n c:
    chkdsk /scan
    winmgmt /salvagerepository
    net stop msiserver
    del "C:\$Recycle.bin\*" /s /f /q
    del "D:\$Recycle.bin\*" /s /f /q
    del "E:\$Recycle.bin\*" /s /f /q
    del "%temp%\*" /s /f /q
    del "%systemroot%\temp\*" /s /f /q
    del "%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache" /s /f /q
    del "%WINDIR%\Logs\*" /s /f /q
    del "%WINDIR%\System32\winevt\Logs\*" /s /f /q
    rmdir %WINDIR%\Installer\$PatchCache$ /s /q
    vssadmin delete shadows /for=c: /all /quiet
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase
    cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & cleanmgr /sagerun:65535

Attached Files:

6. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

7. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

@TairikuOkami or someone: Can you can disable Wise Cleaner optimizers like disk defragmentation and have the ONLY options to clean out various files and folders? I looked at webpage but need a more experienced opinion before even d/l. In this respect CC. is more convenient, looks like.

Yep, OK. :)

8. Rico

Rico Registered Member

privazer is like above on steroids. http://privazer.com/ From my memory, cleans mft, cleans fragments in unused space + allot more. First scan + full clean can be ~ >45 min. I'm not sure surgically, antiseptic is required, for improved performance or longevity.

Fan J, Tairiku, & Rico - Were like the OG's of Wilders @20 yrs first round is on me. 20 year club

9. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I use Clean Master for PC and Wise Disk Cleaner. Both of them are very good at freeing up disk space. I also have enabled Storage sense in Windows 10.
    My main SSD is 240GB (but was all I could afford at the time), which is too small for my needs, so I like to clean up junk files to free up space. Before I switched to a SSD, I was using a 500GB hard drive.

I just tried PrivaZer for the first time, but I don't have the use for it. I'm more interested in cleaning junk files to free up space than cleaning every possible usage trace.

10. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Yes, my SSD is less than one half the capacity of yours--well understood. I took out the storage HDD to boot, all storage is external. I'm really stingy with installing new software--can you disable the optimization features in Wise Care, like the disk "defrag"--hope that means TRIM? You indicated that you were using it just for cleanup, right? I'd like to try it--not loyal to CCleaner any more.

Thanks. :)

11. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

The disk defrag has to be run manually, so it's not an issue. Wise Disk Cleaner, only has junk cleanup and disk defrag. It does not have the optimization or registry cleaning features found in Wise Care 365. I have it scheduled to do a disk cleanup weekly.

12. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

The best disk cleanup tool is Dism++. Try it out and you'll see how effective it is.

13. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

CCleaner Pro with Winapp2.ini
    PrivaZer Donors version

:thumb: :cool:

14. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

stop using privazer and ccleaner if you only click on CLEAN instead DETAILS. so many trashed systems...

15. ArchiveX

What Junk Cleaner do you use? :confused:

16. Rico

Rico Registered Member

ActiveX, I think your right on: My story,

After win10 creators edition, (calls to M$, messed up system), when things settled down, ran Privazer (donors ed), more problems apps missing, games gone etc. All settled down, one more try privazer, it deletes, game scores. Tech was very excited to hear, but failed to reply. Adios Privazer.

CCleaner used recommended allot, got tired of, it wanting to be resident & pushing paid product etc

Found cleanmgr. Thought i could accomplish all from Win10. Probably still can.

So adios CC.

Next cleanmgr all checked except, the box about previous versions, also ran "system cleanup!

After that, found I could send email OK, but could not receive email in T-bird.

To add frustration to the problem: Phone/TV/internet were all from Verizon, they sold phone to Frontier Communications, sold TV to ATT, & sold Email to AOL.

AOL - is garbage, my settings were fine in T-Bird (likely damaged by clean mgr), my plan delete T-bird re-install, but AOL did not accept password, then trying to change password, said "Ooops' not available. Ficking 6 hrs to change pass.

F- privazer, cleanmgr. Now CC.

That's the short story

ActiveX I earned the hard way!

17. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Just disable realtime monitoring and set it up to close after cleaning, no ADs then, not than I ever so any without closing it or maybe it is, because it is shown as a warning message?

Attached Files:

18. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

none!
    i am doing my own research based on my results in sandboxie if it concerns programs.
    for windows the windows-cleaner is enough. for browsers in special i use option in browser.
    thats a based on a lot of experience and people need time to get there.
    no one would recommend ccleaner and similar if windows is malfunctioning, thats a myth. otherwise it would have been called repair-cleaner but any cleaner is stupid and can repair nothing.

thats what the marketing would make us believe - windows got junked, collecting trash blabla. so many lies so much trashed systems so much wasted money for nothing.

19. ArchiveX

I hope you use
    Code:
    cleanmgr /sageset:65535
    cleanmgr /sagerun:65535

20. Rules

Rules Registered Member

I use only Ccleaner for clean browser, only WiseDiskCleaner "light system tab" and for the rest cleanmgr with sageset and sagerun, no issue so far, am on Windows 7_x64 Sp1.

Rules.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.