Junction Points on Server 2008

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Pro1712, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro1712

Pro1712 Registered Member

Hello!

I'm trying to make a file backup of my server with Echo Server 8076 but I get an infinite loop on "C:\ProgramData\Application Data" because the junction points to "C:\ProgramData".

How can I solve the problem?
    In an other thread here I read that ATI sohuld be ablte to handle junctions on the same partiniton...

Thanks for your help!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Pro1712,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Currently Acronis True Image works with NTFS junction points the following way:

- When creating an image, all local junction points are backed up normally, all outside junction points are backed up as empty folders;
    - When creating a file/folders backup, all junction points are backed up with all the content they are pointing to.

So, we may recommend you to either create an image instead of file backup; or exclude the junktion point from the file backup.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Pro1712

Thanks for your response!

Will this "bug" be fixed in the next version?
    TI should check if the junction points to a directory that's included in the backup and then skip backing up the content...

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Pro1712,

We are sorry for delayed response.

The fix has already been created. Most likely it will be included into next build of Acronis True Image Echo. We're sorry, but the exact time-frame isn't defined yet.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. Pro1712

Ok!

Thanks again for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.