jsproxy.dll

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Tom98, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom98

Tom98 Registered Member

Prevx is flagging jsproxy.dll as Medium Risk Malware. But, it can't remove it! I get the instructions to disconnect from the Internet and reboot the computer, and Prevx does another scan upon rebooting -- and keeps reporting the same files.

jsproxy.dll in c:\windows\system32
    jsproxy.dll in c:\windows\softwaredistribution\download\(a registry key)

This last folder seems to be from the last Windows update (I run XP SP2.) It contains subfolders called backup,sp2gdr,sp2qfe,sp3gdr,sp3qfe,and update. There's a spuninst.exe file in each, which certainly looks like the Windows update uninstall program.

And, I ran the Windows update over a week ago, but Prevx is suddenly flagging the file as of today (10/17.)

According to my research, jsproxy.dll is a Microsoft program:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/filedb/jsproxy.dll-1228.html

If I select the file properties, I get:

File version 6.0.2900.3627
    Description: JScript Proxy Auto-Configuration
    Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    We've corrected this FP :) A rescan will now come up clean - please let me know if you find anything else!

3. Tom98

Tom98 Registered Member

Thanks for the quick response... but the scan is still flagging the files. I rebooted just to start clean. As soon as Windows fires up. Prevx is flagging the jsproxy.dll files as threats. A rescan does the same.

4. Tom98

Tom98 Registered Member

Okay, the scan is now coming up clean. Not sure why it didn't before, but I've just scanned twice and it's clean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.