Jotti's malware scan

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sard, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sard

sard Registered Member

http://virusscan.jotti.dhs.org/

Cool site that scans submitted files with various scanners and displays the % detection rate. I was just wondering why they don't use NOD32? At the top of the website it says McAfee have asked him not to use their scanner, I was wondering if ESET have done something similar.

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Registered Member

Jotti's scanner is not a tester for AVs but a online single file checker with multiple engines (i think it has 9 of them right now).

3. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

If one discards the statistics, I think it is a very useful service, imho of course.

I have run into occasions where top of the line anti-trojan products have given me a warning on a file that I have no reason to suspect being a trojan.

A system like that would help me to get some kind of idea, whether it is a false positive or not.

Of course, I don't know how legal it is to run a service like that (it depends on the laws of each country and I don't even know where that service is run).

But useful service it is to me personally, nevertheless.

I don't think it is meant to compete with Virus Bulletin reviews.

PS BTW, isn't this in a wrong forum area?

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I suppose it is in the wrong forum.

5. sard

sard Registered Member

Not really because I was specifically asking if ESET had requested that NOD32 not be on the site. It has good heuristics so would be a useful addition.

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Registered Member

I asked him about avast! and he said he requires stable Linux version of AV(at the time i was asking him,there was no avast! Linux version yet). Maybe NOD32 lacks something or ESET simply doesn't allow him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.