Jotti scan...definitions

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by pykko, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Hello, everybody.....recently I've discovered jotti's malware scan and since than I'm browsing very often this webpage. :)

I've thought to something(correct me if I'm wrong) wouldn't be a good solution for NOD32 to request those files uploded there to imporve its defs (Because there are many viruses that NOD32 miss as I've seen on jotti's)

They say on their webpage

Tell me your oppinion about this....I consider it a good manner to improve NOD. ;)

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi pykko,

All antivirus vendors participating over on Jotti's have access/receive malware samples (and some unnamed ones as well) - Eset/NOD32 included. No need to worry ;)

regards,

paul

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Pykko, if they don't already do this with Eset, they will when the new version 2.5 is loaded through the EWS (Early Warning System).

Cheers :D

4. pykko

pykko Registered Member

OK...thx I've thought about this but... :doubt: I've noticed that one of the most scanned Trojans: trojan.dragonbot ( 463 times) is still not detected by NOD32. :(

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

They do - started as soon as NOD32 participated ;)

The number of uploads from one and the same malware does only indicate just that: individuals uploading one and the same file - and thus being scanned. Such an upload can happen within say one hour, and therefore is only important for statistics ;)

regards,

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.