Jetico v1 released!!!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by no13, Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diver

Diver Guest

It looks to me that the "other firewalls" forum here is the de facto unofficial Jetico firewall forum. Perhaps we could get someone from Jetico to post here. I wonder if they even read this stuff.

2. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

Well I installed it last night, all worked well. Came home from work today and Firefox would not load any internet pages, but IE would. Firefox worked in safe mode, but not regular, I removed Jetico, cleaned Jetico entries out of my registry and Firefox works again. Maybe this is a bug depending on ones system set-up and things related?

3. hojtsy

hojtsy Registered Member

I am using Jetico + Firefox withouth a problem here. I am afraid the problem should be with your ruleset.
    -hojtsy-

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Keep in mind that although they say it's out of beta, that doesn't mean that it's necessarily without bugs. If he just installed JPF with the default rule set, there should be no problems. Could be user error or it could be a bug.. ;)

5. Hi all, I see there are many problems here with rules, I suggest that people who are running this firewall without problems put their configuration here, so that it could be performed by experts. I think this is the better way to make a default configuration for it. what do you think about this?
    Let´s prepare our rules!!!

thanks friends

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I don't think Jetico lends itself very well to sharing configs. You'd have to share optimal config files and then all the ask user sections wouldn't apply to other people and so on. I don't know. Maybe someone has an idea...

It seems to me that the default rules are pretty much ok, and if they don't work for someone then there's perhaps a problem with JPF. Things do require a fair amount of tweaking though.. something that one has to take the time to do.

Generally speaking, there's no substitute for experimenting and perfecting things on your own...

7. minacross

minacross Registered Member

I downloaded JPF fo Windows Free 1.0.1.48 but I can't install it. I receive the error message shown in the attached pic err1.jpg then I receive the error message shown in the attached pic err2.jpg..
    what can I do to fix it?
    thanx in advance..

Attached Files:

8. minacross

minacross Registered Member

error 2..
    P.S.: I am running win98se.

Attached Files:

9. hojtsy

hojtsy Registered Member

Try emailing to support@jetico.com . They provide the best support I have ever received in the software industry.
    -hojtsy-

10. Diver

Diver Guest

Some of the confusion with Jetico application configs is that when you get a learning box and you check allow to create a rule, it defaults to placing the address of the remote in the rule rather than "any". Nearly every one of these rules must be edited to change the remote address field to "any".

There are actually a lot of useful pre-made rules that can be chosen for mail, ftp, web browser and blocked application. Their Bittorrent client rule needed some work. As a temporary measure an application can be given "trusted application" status until a tighter rule can be worked out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.