Jetico v1 popups

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by inoesomestuff, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inoesomestuff

inoesomestuff Registered Member

the warning/popups that i got to alert me when something is trying to access the internet no longer appear, there doesnt seem to be any settings that i can change inside the GUI and i was wondering how to turn them back on. I realized this when i updated firefox but jetico didnt warn me that something was trying to access the internet so i spent 10 minutes wondering why firefox wasnt working (checksums between firefox versions didnt match) so far the only way that i can tell if something is trying to access the internet is by looking @ the logs...

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Have you installed any other security software that may be causing conflict?

I would first try: Load another optimal policy, apply the policy, run firefox to see if you get a popup. If you do, then your own optimal policy ruleset may be either blocking or corrupt.
    If you still do not receive a popup with a new optimal policy, you should save your policy, un-install / re-install Jetico.

3. inoesomestuff

inoesomestuff Registered Member

i dont think i installed any other security software that caused the conflict but it hink it happened after i system restored or soemthing, anyways i uninstalled and installed the beta version of the jetico v2 and so far its working fine, btw what does the new license thing in the install mean?

4. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

JeticoV2 will not be "Free", you will need to purchase a license once it becomes final.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.