Jetico Ruleset

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Labrie, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Labrie

Labrie Registered Member

Last edited: Mar 20, 2005
  2. Diver

Diver Registered Member

Does anyone who speaks Spanish want to post translations for a few key words?

3. MushfiQ

MushfiQ Registered Member

Thx Labrie.....like Diver i would appriciate that if someone can translate the ruleset....cheers :cool:

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

One thing I never understand is why anyone would put a thousand Deny rules in there to deny traffic to various ports, when the firewall will deny this traffic already by default. The only reason I can see is for logging purposes? In my mind, the simpler the rule set, the better.

5. MushfiQ

MushfiQ Registered Member

pity...cant find the config/rule fiel down there to ease up the task :oops: Looks like would have a long day sitting back looking at the graphics to make that! Unless if anyone attach the config file here...would appriciate that....being lazy today :ninja:

6. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

And easier to manage. If the firewall has an implicit deny all, it is easier to focus on the permits required and let it deny anything else by default.

Regards,

CrazyM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.