Jetico PF anomalies

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by sudo, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sudo

sudo Registered Member

Here are anomalies I noted from trying out Jetico PF:

• To minimize UI back to system tray, click Close button on titlebar, or use the window's system menu Close command. File>Exit will quit the UI completely. Minimize command from the window's system menu will minimize to the Taskbar.
    • Shutting down the PC takes a long time (minutes), if the UI had been exited (no icon in system tray).
    • Red color [!] next to a rule can be due to empty list for Blocked Zone addresses, or PC physically disconnected from network, e.g. 'local address' or 'nameserver' becomes undefined (no DHCP lease).
    • 'Remember my answer' checkbox is sometimes greyed-out when the PC is just starting up. Perhaps the UI is not fully up and running yet, so has no user folder to save the policy changes to.
    • Policy ruleset is reverted to factory defaults without warning when rearranging toolbars. All learned rules in 'Ask User' table are removed.
    • [T] next to a rule means it is temporary. Help file is inconsistent about whether clearing 'Remember my answer' checkbox will always create this type of rule, and if it is per event, per connection, per process, or per session.
    Clippings from various parts of the help file:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.