Jetico Personal Firewall 2.1.0.10.2451

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by AvinashR, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Jetico Personal Firewall protects your computer from unwanted hacker's attacks from outside as well as from malicious programs "living" secretly inside your computer's memory and hard drive. Three levels of protection are included: low-level network packets filtering, application-level network events filtering and filtering of user-level process activity. Jetico Personal Firewall checks every packet that comes in or out of your computer.

Changes in v.2.1.0.10 | 16-December-2010:
    - Hungarian Translation created by Rad Aeneas László.
    - Eliminated "Could not connect to firewall server" problem after third-party program installation.
    - Improved drivers' stability.

Homepage:- http://www.jetico.com

Download:- --http://www.jetico.com/jpf2setup.exe--

2. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

When does the trial expire ?

3. dukebluedevil

dukebluedevil Registered Member

Thanks AvinashR! :)

After you download the program it says "Thank you for downloading
    Jetico Personal Firewall! Fully functional versions for evaluation purposes will function for 21 days from the date of installation."

4. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Thank you for the answer!

Unfortunatelly there is bug in this version (interface bug maybe).When you put Process Atack on non learning it auto checks the bypass tick button as well ,yes you see ticked the bypass and stop learning in same time :).Practically to be sure you re doing the right thing you need to keep it in learning mode all the time :) .

5. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

I thought this FW was free.

6. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

7. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Yes but version 1 is too old even for XP.And it has the bug that it does not protect at boot up ,if i remember corectly.
    A new free Jetico would make this guys to be known again to the masses ,to bad they did not continued the free project.

I would like a free Jetico 2 with lets say Precess atack and Indirect acces modules tuned off ,a basic firewall practically for free ,but it would not happen , money make a vendor exist.

8. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I would like that also as it is how I run Jetico 2. The free part sounds nice too. ;)

9. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I agree, Jetico was a nice firewall that kinda fell by the wayside. I would settle for the trial-ware to lose some features after the trial and just become freeware. It's hard to think of many firewalls that don't have a freeware version of some sort or another.

10. Jose_Lisbon

Jose_Lisbon Registered Member

11. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

12. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Jetico is a firewall that filters packets.There is no test about that in there :)
    Outpost for example has good results ,but the packet filtering is not as it once was.
    Some people don t choose firewalls by just looking in the matousec chart.That is only a part of the story.

13. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Based on opinions from other knowledgeable Jetico users I've read, it's packet filtering is superior to that of most 3rd party fw's, although Look 'n Stop's might be better. Windows built-in is also excellent.

14. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

I tryed LnS some time ago and i didn t like it though indeed it may be better.I still like more Jetico 2 .It also doesnt have a free version .
    Regarding Windows (7) built in i don t know ,many of us use 3-rd party firewalls to avoid having it disabled by malware ,not because the filtering is not good.

Though there are many free firewalls on the market trying to install W7 made me see that in fact you don t have to many free choices.They all lack something ,either full logging capabilities ,either ip control per aplication ,either attack detection ,either bugs or slow downs and so on.

Jetico 2 is something different on the firewall market and they could get more users.The only feature that Jetico doesnt have is the fullscreen detection which may help to avoid lockups when you try to play a game for example.

15. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

It's an excellent firewall, but I think the GUI scares a lot of people. In reality it's not bad at all, once one gets a handle on how the rules are processed. It just takes a bit of time/effort to master.

I've never really thought much of this "feature". It might offer some benefit but maybe at the cost of additional processing overhead.

16. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I think the GUI is one of its strongest points - very straightforward and logical. :thumb:
    However, I can see how it could scare some users off that may be used to a more "user friendly" interface.

17. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Jetico rules under Windows 7.Finally some firewall ,except the included one, that seems to work without killing the machine.Outpost ,Online Armor and the rest are simply useless or hogging the system.I m refering to the network part of them.

18. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Sm3K3R, please don't dismiss Look'n'Stop.
    It works simply great and very light for me on 7x64! :D

19. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

I can t say to much about Look'n'Stop , i ve tryed to use it with W7 64 bit RC at some moment ,but there was something in it that i didnt like.
    Personally i dont like it ,but you may be right regarding lighness and comaptibility.
    Anyway Online Armor and Outpost disapointed me under W7 .Maybe they pass leak test or whatever but you also need to use them if you can :)

All i wanted to say is that people without the need for leaktests proofness ,can use Jetico 2 along W7 ,it simply does it s job and the PC can be also used for what you usually do without lag spikes ,heaviness ,huge I/O usage ,BSOD-s and so on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.