Jetico and "name server"

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Mido, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mido

Mido Registered Member

Group,

About Jetico v1.

I would like to know, if "Name server" in "Remote address" represent my Internet provider (FAI)?

If is good to let "name server" access from Remote Port 53, UDP, for "any" application.

And let "name server" access from Remote Port 53, TCP, for "SvcHost" application.

As the picture;

APPLICATION TABLE
    Application Table.GIF

If you have other comment.

Thank.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  2. Mido

Mido Registered Member

I change "name server" by they primary and auxilary address of my internet provider.

About "Allow DHCP request Local port 68, remote port 67".

Before I deactivate "NetBios with TCP/IP" in Interne protocol (TCP/IP) into the property of cable connexion.
    I had only application : system who ask for these port.
    Is it mean no other application use these port?

Should I reactive this NetBios fonction.

Thank.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  3. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

It should, unless your router, if you use one, is using some sort of DNS relay function, then it would be the router's LAN address, quite often 192.xxx.xxx.xxx

You don't want any application accessing this, other than those that need it. Usually your web browser, email client, and other software that requires Internet access, though I doubt there would be any harm in this, especially since you have the ip addresses restricted to your ISP name servers..

Yes, if you are using, for example, Win XP's built-in DNS client service or when you are scanning for and downloading MS updates.

Those rules look okay except for the last two. You should, as far as I know, only require the send/receive datagrams for DNS and not TCP/ip. Someone else of better knowledge than I will hopefully clarify this. All I use - and require - is shown in my ss below. I use Jetico 2 so maybe Jetico 1 requires different?? I'm not sure. I also have DNS client service disabled in XP so my Internet applications require the DNS access.

Attached Files:

4. Mido

Mido Registered Member

Thank wat0114.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.