Jetico 2.0.1.2 Released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by wat0114, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Changelog

11-December-2007 | v.2.0.1.2.
    Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008 support.
    Jetico Personal Firewall v.1 hook detector added to 32-bit version.
    Sending message to another application detected. "Breakout" tests passed.
    ARP stateful filter parameters can be changed via registry now.
    Problems with network connections after installation on Vista systemsfixed.
    Hook detector hangup on SMP Vista systems fixed.
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT blue screen on Vista systems fixed.
    Memory leak during uninstallation on Vista systems fixed.
    Stability at high load improved.
    Policy combobox behavior fixed.
    Configuration template updated.

How to modify stateful ARP filter parameters

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2007
  2. Seer

Seer Registered Member

bump

Hello. First off, I am very sorry to see such low interest in this excellent firewall here on Wilders (and in general I suppose).
    I have a question - perhaps a topic needs a new thread, but this place should be appropriate as well - (if not, mods feel free....)

I have installed this version of Jetico, 2.0.1.2 the other day, and noticed something that wasn't happening before. When I exit P2P app (which listens on a needed port), I normally get blocked it's port in my logs - the green entries in the log screenshot (sorry I coudn't make it any smaller). All well there.

log.png

As of this build (2.0.1.2) I also started to get TCP in prompts for my other listening processes on P2P forwarded port! WTF? - I created a "block" rule with logging for the purpose of this post, red entries (in this case it is the FD-ISR service listening locally).

Can someone please explain why is this happening now with this build, and not with any of the previous? This is now really over my head. TIA and cheers,

3. Killtek

Killtek Registered Member

I recently purchased Jetico 2.0.1.2 and had a bad experience with it. Don't get me wrong, I love the firewall engine and its simple rule based configuration. What I didn't love about the tool is the uninstall process. Apparently I'm not the only Jetico user that has experienced this.

I had to uninstall Jetico because Netgear's StorageCentral 101 software/driver (Z-SANservice.exe) is not compatible with Jetico (as well as Comodo). I tried everything possible (that I could find on the internet) to make Jetico work with Netgear's SC101 SAN device, so I had no choice but to uninstall Jetico.

Uninstalling Jetico is simple, it's just that it hangs on the last part, "Removing Registry Settings". I had no choice but to cancel the uninstall since it was hung for more than an hour. Well, I rebooted my machine and the next thing I noticed was that my network connection was not working, it showed "local access only" status. I tried everything to get my network working again, I consider myself a pro when it comes to diagnosing and fixing windows problems. Long story short, I had to re-install Vista....

So this a warning for all of you thinking of evaluating Jetico in Vista.

4. blackdog56

blackdog56 Registered Member

Can 2.0.1.2 be installed over 2.0.0.37, if you shut down the firewall first?

5. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

It is always better to make a fresh new install. Save your config.xml file first.

6. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

I have seen similar (this is a bug, IMHO), this is reported. I will follow to see if resolved in next build.

There is now a dedicated forum for jetico, very much alive, kicking and supported:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2007
  7. Seer

Seer Registered Member

It certainly does not look like a normal comm. However, I'll keep the build, although I don't like to have 'block' rules. And will keep a keen eye on it while waiting for the next one.

I occasionaly lurked Smokey's, but haven't been there in months, due to low activity there. I took a look, it is better now... Nail is posting...

8. kurchatovium

kurchatovium Registered Member

I had heard Jetico is hard to use though it does perform excellently in leak tests.

9. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

It's not that it's difficult, it just requires more work to get it configured the way you want it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.