Jetico 1 to 2 : how to keep your rules ?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by J-C, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J-C

J-C Registered Member

I am a happy Jetico 1 user, I have used it for a while now and am getting tempted to try Jetico 2 again (my first try did not work, jetico kept failing on me)
    My question is, I have quite a bit of rules from version 1 and I would like to know how can I import them to Jetico 2 ?

Also, can anyone, very please, tell me where I can download Jetico 2 rules preset for stuff like MSN Messenger, eMule, and such like I found for version 1 ?

Many thanks

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

There is no way to transfer/convert rules from V1 to V2 you would need to enter these manually. But once these are in V2, you can save the rules for later builds/releases.

There is currently no easy way to merge rulesets into V2 (you would need to paste them into the config file), the devoloper did say this option was to be added, but I have not seen this yet.

3. J-C

J-C Registered Member

Thank you for your answer, I will not bother then, too many rules for each of my programs, would take me days on end to do that.

4. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Till now there is no such possibility. I think they have to develop an external tool.

5. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

I have been looking at some (early thoughts) possibilites.

There is now a "template" file used on installation. This can be edited to add custom rulesets, such as the rulesets I have posted for V1.

V2 will create rules from logs, there is a possibility to load a log with rulesets to convert,... but still looking into this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.