Jetico 1 firewall and Avast (any issues?)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by acr1965, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have a friend who set up Avast and Jetico 1 on a Windows 98 box. I know nothing much about Avast and only a little about Jetico. But I have heard that Avast monitors all web traffic through a single port or something like that. Is this true? And if so, will Jetico's outbound protection be effected at all?

Any special settings for Avast and Jetico to play nicely with each other?

Thanks

2. ggf31416

ggf31416 Registered Member

If you use the Avast web shield then remove localhost from the trusted zone.

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Thanks.

4. Mido

Mido Registered Member

acr1965,

Some Firewall like Avast and Kaspersky need to have access to they port 110 and 25 for the received and send e-mail, else they will stop e-mail function.

Then you can add 2 rules for these 2 ports in the table where you do they update of your protection soft . Remote address can stay at any or find the FAI address in the LOG of Jetico for 100 and 25.

table s?curit?.JPG

ggf31416 why should we remove localhost from the trusted zone?

Thank

5. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Because Avast uses a proxy for its web/HTTP scanner, so if you trust the localhost, you're effectively disabling outbound control.

6. ggf31416

ggf31416 Registered Member

7. Mido

Mido Registered Member

ggf31416,
    ucas1985,

Thank guy's about the proxy Avast stuff.

That was this setup rules I found for let Kaspersky access to 110, 25 ports, else Kaspresky block the contact with e-mail function.

I had send an e-mail to Kaspersky team for know if Kaspersky go on server with Thunderbird for intercept/check those e-mail, they answer Kaspersky don't go on server but use they ports 110 and 25 for following and check those e-mail on those ports.

I never use Avast but I have already meet topics with this problem for Avast and those rules fix it.

Perhaps Avast and Kaspersky share this common way about e-mail 110, 25 ports?

Else explain me if Avast is correct on your system with this PF without extra rules.

thank.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.