Jetico 1.0.1.61 as a service with NT Wrapper, applying correct policy??

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by tama40, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tama40

tama40 Registered Member

Hi,

Have read the the threads regarding how to start Jetico 1.0.1.61 as a service and not as an app. Have used NT Wrapper Lite to do the job. It works, but I have a serious issue with that. Everytime Jetico is started as a service the default ruleset/policy is used!
    Normally I am logging into Windows with a created administrator account. When modifying the rules/policys in Jetico, the policy is always saved in
    C:\Documents and Settings\<my account>\Application Data\Jetico Personal Firewall\1.0.

How can i get NT Wrapper to load Optimal.bcf from the above location??

Thanks in advance.

/Per

2. tama40

tama40 Registered Member

Have now solved the issue.
    After I once again had NT Wrapper to start the JPF service, I took a look in the JPF settings via the menu,, Options->General.
    Saw that the policys that were loaded were located in "C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\Jetico Personal Firewall\1.0"
    Very strange,, becuase the folder "NetworkService" was not visible from the explorer/directory structure...!
    I couldn't find it at all.

Anyway, I copied my modified Optimal.bcf from my local account directory
    (C:\Documents and Settings\<my account>\Application Data\Jetico Personal Firewall\1.0) , into a directory reachable from the "File->Open" menu in JPF.
    Then I made that loaded policy as default. Reloaded the PC, and now everything is fine, and I have protection for my PC without logging into Windows

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.