jbridgep...

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Mercurybird, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mercurybird

Mercurybird Registered Member

PG has a line in it that says;

c:\Windows\system32\services.exe [568] tried to install a driver/service named jbridgep. I assume this is a .sys file.

I assume by this line that PG blocked it. Have any of you seen this file before? I only found two instances of it in a Google search. Neither was definative. So I did a Dogpiloe search, which searches multiple search engines, and it only found those same two instances.

I did a search of my system and didn't find this file. Far surpassing strange...

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Mercurybird, The only ref. I can find is to do with Alcohol burning software, I do not have a file with that name on my system. XP Pro.
    In Windows Explorer - Folder views did you have show hidden enabled?

Pilli

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Sure does seem to be Alcohol 120%. I'd suggest figuring out when it tries to install this driver (probably when installing a virtual drive) and then just disabling PG when you want to do this. You might not need to disable PG after enabling it once ?

4. Mercurybird

Thanks for the tips... no I didn't have search in hidden checked, so I did. I found jbridgep.sys in a TEMP sub-folder under MyDocuments. It says it's a system file. It's 31kb and showed to be last modified 8/9/2001.

I also found it mentioned several times in one of Window's prginslog files (I don't remember exactly what it was called now). I deleted that file. It'll show back up again next time I install something. Anyway, when I rebooted the system and looked at PG that jbridgep line wasn't there. So far so good... :)

Because of the way some of the lines read in the above prginitlog file, I launched a new game we just installed this week called Thief: Deadly Shadows. I played a saved game a little bit and got out of it. When I looked at PG again the jbridgep line was there again.

So there it is. No real questions answered or anything. I know it's not malicious or harmful or my system security measures would alert me. I'm going to look further into it. I'll post it here if I learn anything more.

Thanks folks!

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Cheers for getting back to us Mercurybird, :)

It may be something to do with a game as I suppose it may need to run a service.

6. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Games do often use a driver to enumerate what hardware you have. If everything works fine it might not NEED the driver running, otherwise it could be a good idea to disable protection when playing games :)

7. Mercurybird

Yeah apparently that is the case here. I renamed the file to jbridgep.sis and gave the game another go. When I got out of it and looked at PG the line was there again. Also, after examining the TEMP directory where the renamed file was, I discovered another jbridgep.sys file. So all is well after all. :)

Cheers to you all for such great responses! Long live these forums!

8. simonbartlet

simonbartlet Guest

Just for reference: I get this in my temp folder after playing Vietcong game in Internet Multiplayer mode. If i dont play the game, it doesnt show up :)
    Think its harmless, but it dont like being deleted.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.