javacool/spyblaster should be emberassed

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by byproduct, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. byproduct

byproduct Registered Member

Went to dl Spyblaster. Seen this "> Download SpywareBlaster 3.1 from majorgeeks.com (USA and other locations) *Primary Download Location*" so I clicked that link.
    Took me to Majorgeeks.com where spyblocker immediately blocked "Avenue A".
    Javacool should be emberassed by allowing their preferred download site attempt such things.
    Whats more, was no method to contact Javacool to inform them about it (as if they don't already know).
    So had to amek a memebership here just to post it for them to find out, BUT the best part (I hope) is, that they will be emberassed by their lack of sincere caring or support to things going on with their software presentation, whihc is exactly counter and ironic to what their products are to be used for.
    Users should seek alternatives to Javasoft softwares and support programing that absolutely demands all sites associated refuse adwares spywares and the likes.

2. Erik Ayala

Erik Ayala Guest

Dude, your post makes almost no sense but from what I could gather you're mad at Javacool for putting one of their download locations at a site that attempts to attack your computer with an Active X control that Spyware Blaster is made to block when in reality I get that Avenue A crap anywhere I go on the web. It's a really common one. It always used to appear for me at allthelyrics.com but that's beside the point. I was surfing the internet for the longest time without up to date antivirus software and to make things worse I used a file sharing program. All I had was Spyware Blaster. When I finally was able to scan for viruses I only found one! All thanks to Spyware Blaster.
    Just be glad that people like the Javacool team dedicate their time, effort and money to make a piece of software to protect not only your computer and privacy but anyone else's who uses the program. I, for one, am grateful that I can get for free what other companies would charge an arm and a leg for, for software that isn't even half as good. I was so grateful I donated to Javacool hoping they can keep those updates coming.

3. MCT

MCT Registered Member

byproduct,

in reality, u should THANK javacool, as was stated above, his program is free, and other company's would charge out the wazoo for what he makes for free,

Avenue a is only a tracking cookie i believe, so if u had your security settings set right, u wouldnt even notice it

:)

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

MCT is correct. The Avenue A alert is just a simple third-party cookie. It is not an ActiveX control or anything dangerous.

5. goldwing388

goldwing388 Registered Member

This software is a God send, and I am proud to have it on my puter. If this guy that posted the bad remarks has any class, he will respond with an apology for trashing this software.

6. MCT

MCT Registered Member

I do agree, this software is superb, i am aswell proud 2 have it, one of the only pieces of software that i tell EVERYONE i come across 2 install, cuz its THAT good :D

superb work javacool :D

7. sig

sig Registered Member

Well, as the original poster can see there is indeed a way to contact Javacool: via this support forum in which registration is not required to post And as noted Avenue A is a just a cookie which you'd never see if your browser was set to not accept third party cookies. And a cookie, despite the hype and fear of cookies that has been promulgated on the net, is not anywhere near a "threat" as an ActiveX control that can download really nasty stuff to one's PC.

I suspect Javacool is not really the one who should be embarassed. ;)

8. RJ100

RJ100 Registered Member

byproduct,

Of what we are all not sure.

Perhaps some research is in order before making such a rude post.

Have you ever heard of this phrase?
    Never look a gift horse in the mouth

Or are you simply trying to get reactions and feed off them.
    We all appreciate what is given to us freely, and are greatful.

Here's a Link you may want to research.
    http://tinyurl.com/2dfxd

Oh, just some friendly advice, think before you post. o_O

Attached Files:

• ghm.gif
      ghm.gif
      File size:
      2.9 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.