Javacool - From UCSD

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by luv2bsecure, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luv2bsecure

luv2bsecure Infrequent Poster

Javacool,

Those of us working with the UCSD Privacy Protection Research Project would like to pass along our kudos for MRU Blaster. It fills a much-needed void. The head of the project, who is very well-known within the privacy community, mentioned your software at a recent conference in Northern California and we've had a lot of email since then asking where they can find "that program that....." trying to describe MRU Blaster. That's interesting because we basically are five offices, 15 computers, and an email address. The intention and purpose was to quietly carry out our work without "lobbying" or outside influence. The email address was placed in the program handed out at the door by mistake! So, when we get mail, it's mostly from those we are already communicating with. It's been interesting - a mention at one conference with a major recommendation and there's all this email.

We are nearing a point in our work where we will be issuing a whitepaper detailing what, after significant testing, are the most effective pieces of software to protect computer privacy. This is a five-year project and we will issue this paper at the conclusion of each funded year. Frankly, there are only a few that are considered "consensus" programs - those that we know will be featured in the whitepaper. Just to let you know (a little early) MRU Blaster is a consensus choice and will be included.

We have been told many organizations will use our paper on their web sites, in their literature, etc. Speaking for all of us, I can say that we'll be proud to include your superb work.

Not as a researcher at UCSD, but as "just me," I intend to send you a donation via PayPal from your website.

Great Job!

Best Wishes,
    John
    Luv2BSecure

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I am quite speechless.

Thank you, John. :) (And please pass along my thanks to the other people involved in the project.)

Regards,

-Javacool

3. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

Congratulations Javacool! Well deserved!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.