Java/TrojanDownloader

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by xMarkx, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

I just did a scan of my C:/ drive with the latest virus definitions (4788 ) and it found 1 threat:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\47\4934abef-1d67c050 » ZIP » ________vload.class - a variant of Java/TrojanDownloader.Agent.NAC trojan

However, it is not in quarantine and was not cleaned. I think I may have found the file but it hasn't been motified since November. There are two files with the exact same name (both called: 4934abef-1d67c050). One is classified as a file, the other has a file extension of .idx

What is this threat and what should I do?

Thanks,

Mark.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Perhaps you only performed a scan without cleaning? Otherwise you should have been asked to choose an action to perform after the scan had been completed.

3. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for your fast reply. I did the scan again and it found the same threat but this time it put it into quarantine. I didn't change any settings- they have always been on default. The scan took unusually long (1h33m) instead of 55m-1h. Any idea why? Am I safe now?

Also, is there anyway of knowing when you are infected? (Or where the infection could have come from?) Because there was no performance loss, pop-ups, or unusual processes in task manager.

Thanks,

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.