Java Trojan

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by commldriver, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. commldriver

commldriver Registered Member

Java/Exploit.Agent.NEA

I have since disabled Java. Problem was I had disabled it one browser but then used another browser and must have been infected then.

I want to keep my questions simple hopefully.

Is there a log of all scans Eset did on my computer with dates and times?
    Reason for this is, I detected the Java trojans on a manual scan and want to know maybe if the automatic scans did not pick them up. I looked for a log of all scans and could only find the most recent scan.

What kind of damage may have been done?
    I have run a few other malware detectors, including the one I installed from ESET. And I went into safe mode to run additional scans. Everything seems to be okay. I couldn't find any description of what this particular threat does.

What further action may be required?
    I have since changed all my passwords. And I would suppose the best thing to do would be to wipe the hard drive and reinstall Windows. But I'm on the road and will be away from my recovery disk for another month and may not have time to do it then.

Thanks if anyone can respond. Threats were detected and quarantined with manual Full computer scan on March 4.

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

ESET scan logs will only include the manual or scheduled scans that have been run and not real-time scans.

There have been a string of Java exploits released recently. This particular variant of Java/Exploit.Agent was added to our databases in late December. You mentioned ESET detected this and quarantined the infected file. Is that correct? If so and subsequent scans have come back clean, you should be safe.

If you believe that you may still be infected, you could start by following the steps in this KB Article: My computer has a virus – what should I do? (Preliminary malware troubleshooting)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.