java control panel

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by stratoc, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

Hi, about a month ago, during an in depth scan eset found about 18 java trojans and quantined them. A week ago I emptied my quantine as I thought this would have been rescanned if it was a fp.
    Full scan runs all clear at this time.
    Ran ping test yesterday and browser locked up, looking through logs half my java was missing.
    So removed java, ran java ra, and re installed from file hippo, all good, however running in depth scan still sees java as a trojan.
    surely this can't be a 5 week fp on the biggest browser helper there is?
    this is only on in depth scan, nothing warned on install or when java is actually running.
    hitman pro and malware bytes find no problems by the way.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2011
  2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

Do you have a copy of your threat log that lists the specifc Java files being detected? There was a small FP hiccup with a database recently, but outside of this thread, there are no reports of lingering issues...

Thanks,

Matt

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

hi, i have submitted it, I think it's got something to do with virgin help desk. it's removed but there were some entries left over. dr web flagged them as possible trojan downloader at same location.
    I have cleaned the files manually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.