IZArc bug

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by aigle, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I realy like IZArc but unfortunately I have noticed that it misses some files( packing or unpacking) off and on. U can reproduce the bug as follows.
    Download the zip file named " malware" from here. Password for it is "test" without commas.

~Snip. No links to malware or potential malware allowed on these forums. - Ron~

Unzip it. No try to re-zip it exactly as follows: Right click the " malware" folder> IZArc> add to archive file> Encryption> 128 bit> Password> Enter assword, say 1> OK> Re-enter password> add.
    That,s it. Now check the zip file contents, subfolder " WORMS TROJAN LOGGERS" will be totally missing.

Note: the folder " malware" contains some potentially malicious software including one legitimate dialer and Eicar virus test file( though not really viruses), but they will not execute and even if executed they will not harm ur system but still if u are more carefull u can try in VM or other such environment. I am using IZArc install version, Version 3.7 build 1430.

How can I contact support. I sent a mail at contact@izarc.org, no reply. Posted here on the forums, no reply.
    It,s not a good feeling.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2007
  2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I liked the looks of IZArc but I too ran into a bug or two (can't remember as it's now been a while.) I ended up going with 7-Zip. It's not very pretty but does what I needed.

As for support, I'm surprised the forums didn't work... I thought the developer visited daily.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I posted it 3 days back.

4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Thanks for posting about this.
    I have IZArc and will be going back to 7-Zip.

5. Thiggy

Thiggy Registered Member

Same here, had IZArc and it interfered with xplorer2 and had a few other items that needed attention. I attempted to contact the author and that failed with an email bounce if I remember correctly.

Loaded up 7-Zip beta and am a happy user; though I'd like to see a few more features added.

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

tugzip is very similar to IZArc if you're looking for a replacement??

7. SinisterSam

SinisterSam Registered Member

why you link to malware agle? not nice!!! and not needed. :-( you report bug to proper ppl why need to make more problem here?

7zip teh best. opensource. well not real teh best. winrar really best but not opensource and cost money i dont have. so i use 7zip second best i think. best for us poor ppl.

8. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

Well I´m using IZArc 3.81 (build 1550), and I havn´t noticed any problem so far...

/Cerxes.

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

If u read my post carefully, infact there was no malware at all. All I removed, there are just some empty folders and some benign test malware, a legit dialer and some tools.

Why I posted it here? I mentioned already that I did not get any response from proper people there.

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Never heard of it. Less users, more chances of bugs not yet discovered. But I will try it.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  11. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi, I tried latest version and the bug is not there. That,s releiving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.