ivideoconverter blocked?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by lugnut86, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lugnut86

lugnut86 Registered Member

It appears that Smart Security has recently began blocking components of ivideoconverter from loading (causing it to fail every time I attempt to open) and when I attempted to reinstall, it tried to block installation of some files. This is an ap that downloads and converts video such as youtube to mp3 files. I have used it for over a year without difficulties. I am not the most savvy user, and I don't see a problem with it. Two questions, how can I determine what the risk is of using this ap? (searches of ESET don't yield results) and is there a way to allow it?

Don't know what info you need, I am using Windows 7 Smart Security 4. I have been using Smart Security for years and Nod32 before that.

Many thanks -

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please post the records from your threat log containg the full path to the detected files as well as the full detection name.

3. lugnut86

lugnut86 Registered Member

Not really sure how to do this in a way that provides valuable info. Below is a copy and paste.....

Code:
    3/30/2013 12:43:27 PM	Real-time file system protection	file	C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\nssA0B6.tmp\bi_client.exe	a variant of Win32/Somoto.A potentially unwanted application		Mike-PC\Mike	Event occurred during an attempt to run the file by the application: C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\nsxCA56.tmp.
    3/30/2013 12:43:26 PM	Real-time file system protection	file	C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\nssA0B6.tmp\bi_client.exe	a variant of Win32/Somoto.A potentially unwanted application		Mike-PC\Mike	Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\nsxCA56.tmp.
    3/30/2013 12:42:59 PM	Real-time file system protection	file	C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\nsxCA56.tmp	a variant of Win32/Somoto.A potentially unwanted application		Mike-PC\Mike	Event occurred on a file modified by the application: C:\Users\Mike\Downloads\iVideoConverter (1).exe.
    3/30/2013 12:42:56 PM	Real-time file system protection	file	C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0PVNNGSK\bi_downloader[1].exe	a variant of Win32/Somoto.A potentially unwanted application		Mike-PC\Mike	Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Users\Mike\Downloads\iVideoConverter (1).exe.

4. er34

er34 Guest

Have a look at this KB article:
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2629

This not a malware but a potentially unwanted application (info here) . You can disable this kind of detection or exclude the files from being scanned, or temporary allow them - there is nothing wrong or to be fixed :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.