I've bought TI 10 - can I use TI 9?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by laxxe, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laxxe

laxxe Registered Member

I'm having some problems with TI 10, and it seems like TI 9 doesn't have these problems (I've talked to someone who uses TI 9).

I'ev bought TI 10 - but can I use TI 9 too? If yes, where do I download it?

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You can't get it from Acronis, possibly from a retailer with old stock.

3. laxxe

laxxe Registered Member

Am I allowed to use it, now that I've paid for TI 10?

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You will probably have to buy it. Its not available for download from Acronis unless you already had an earlier build of V9. Ask Acronis Support for help.

5. laxxe

laxxe Registered Member

I can get it, but I want to know if it's legal to use - now that I've paid TI 10.

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Ethically speaking, since TI9 is supposedly less featured than TI10, does nothing TI10 doesn't do, you have full license for TI10, you only load one program and don't give TI10 away for someone else to use, you are doing nothing wrong regardless of the legalese. However, there may be an issue with the serial numbers - like having to use somebody else's serial number which isn't cool. |Proper thing to do is contact Acronis!

I am curious about what isn't working in TI10 that is supported in TI9. Just because TI9 works on another machine it doesn't mean it will work on yours because of hardware and perhaps software conflicts.

7. laxxe

laxxe Registered Member

I can't burn the bootable CD with TI 10, and as far as I know, the file I can download with TI 9 is a .iso image with the bootable CD.

When I try to burn the bootable CD with TI 10 nothing happens - at all - read here.

8. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If you haven't have a look at this thread. There is a little uncharacteristic confusion with Menorcaman at the beginning but he is actually very well-versed in this topic. This used to be quite a hot topic and on some systems there seemed to be more black-magic than science in the solutions.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=51153

9. laxxe

laxxe Registered Member

When I try to run the program, that should burn the CD - then nothing happens. No program opens - nothing.

If I try to click "Create Bootable Rescue Media" it's the same - nothing happens at all.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello laxxe,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that Acronis True Image 10.0 Home as well as Acronis True Image 9.0 Home has the ability to create Bootable Rescue CD. Most probably as fumichael noted in this thread <Can't create a bootable rescue media - nothing happens?> you have started, the Rescue Media Builder was not installed.

Please follow the instructions described in chapter 2.1 "Installing Acronis True Image Home" in the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide to find the instructions on how to install Acronis True Image components (Acronis True Image Home, Rescue Media Builder and Bart PE plug-in). Please use the latest build (4940) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.