Itunes and BSOD

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bamaman66, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamaman66

bamaman66 Registered Member

I am running xp home edition and I have started getting a BSOD when I click on any song in itunes. I have done a virus check with avast and have run superantispware and found no problems. I did a restore back about 5 days and the problem was there at that time. Does anyone have an idea on correcting the problem. I do not want to reload my operating system and programs.

2. LenC

LenC Registered Member

I'd start by uninstalling and reinstalling Itunes.

3. HAN

HAN Registered Member

And everything else that comes with it (Bonjour, Apple Updater, etc.)

4. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Quicktime, MobileMe (and the list goes on :cautious: ). They should all be in Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.

5. bamaman66

bamaman66 Registered Member

I have deleted all apple programs and reinstalled them. I have gone to an earlier version of itunes. I just tried to associate all my audio with itunes. When I associate my audio with itunes I can go to the music file and click on a song. This will start itunes and the song will have the symbol as if it is playing but there is no sound. As I posted in my first post if I open itunes and click on a song my screen goes black and my computer reboots.

6. LenC

LenC Registered Member

This is what I would do (in this order):

1) Download a new song from Itunes - try to play it and see what happens. (It's a 99 cent experiment.)

2) If you live near an Apple Store, go to the store and talk to a rep at the Genius Bar. Bring your computer with you if it is a laptop. They can be helpful.

3) If you're not near an Apple Store, I'd try their online support.

Also, have you run chkdsk (chkdsk /f)? I used to get tired of hearing the chkdsk recommendation, but then I realized it solves a lot of otherwise unexplainable errors.

Hopefully, others will comment on this.

7. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Does iTunes give you the option of changing views once the file screen opens? On top of that set your box to NOT reboot.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.