Itsmej

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by itsmej, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

I should of talked a little about myself to you the readers
    First of all hi to every one .and thanks fore the forum that allowed me to be part of it .My mian subject is Privacy and how one can inprove it .Please put up with my spelling and the way i sometime post my story on a subject.
    i always try hard to make shure it makes sence , or as close as i can make it .
    i am retired and spend a lot of time on the nett sometimes 10 hours a day reading ,finding,and study different programs.have 5 pcs ,to the latest one Core duo ,i get a new one every 2 years ,and upgrade till thy cant be any more .but as fore now we have to see whats going to happen with the New OS .i am very relucktant to install and run it.Very .i also race birds as my ather hobby .and keep around 100 birds ,thy are very lovely to have around ..
    So i hope i can be of help to you the reader at times with my posts, and as always want you the reader to stay safe ! and privacy being the most inportant thing
    also please take a look here on host file and what thy can Do for your privacy .http://www.funkytoad.com/content/view/13/31/
    and here for a heap of free programs one may be able to use ...http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/ in my view Some times free can be as good as payed for ...Only thing Be
    wary of what you install and Do it OF the nett...NO Links ..Just in case or roge programs ...,back up first .than install and if there are no nags than it should be ok ...

your itsmej

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  2. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

http://cmia.sourceforge.net/index_en.html
    Now please take a look at this site as one may want to down load this free program .down load the en zip file ENGLISH ...
    i shall add to this post many good free safety programs that one could inprove ones Privacy ...
    like how to close bad ports,stop explotes,being seen on the nett and so on
    there is already many good post made on privacy and how to but you may find some of what i post also usefull .i do hope so .as always i leave it up to you the reader as to if one can use them ....

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Hi itsmej and welcome.

Sorry if I am mistaken, but dont I recognize your nick from Tiny Personal Firewall forum? I think you have helped me when I used TPF one or two years ago.

4. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

READERS ....Of this forum
    i would like to put to you this .
    If you have a little spare cash .or say save a few bob
    a week invest in a USB box where you can install a
    hard drive.say 200 gig or less .i have 2 one 200
    1 150 gig ,now there you have all your dowloaded
    software , 1 for programs ,the ather one for running programs installed
    like scanners,virus,players ,and so on .now never ever
    lett them see the nett .UNPLUGED..when you download a program
    and are of the net plug in the usb and test your PC.
    with 3 different scanners .when its all clear than tranfear
    it to you ather USB (copy) shut that down ,plug in the scanner
    drive (usb) and install your new program ,after alls well
    unplug it.and ridd the download of your PC..
    now as you scaned your pc it should be cleen .and have a nice safe copy
    and also a running one..Some ppl have asked me Do you update any of them ?
    anser is a flat NO.i dont allow links ,to install over the nett
    i repete this over and over as i find myself there's no need,
    All i do is get the latetest versions of whatever.never send info
    to any of them .hang on! i fib ,i have updated Spy BOTS search and distroy
    Do that one time a year.unblock it than reblock it from updates.and linking
    But thats it ..
    Now the personal thing,Its up to ppl How and what thy think ,whats safe
    And the old saying if one has nothing to hide Why Bother with privacy?
    Well why bother with a fence around ones house.or lock a car?
    or lock the doors when not home? after all one has nothing to hide Right.
    Ok Myself its no one bizzness what i do at home! nor who i am,i dont want unknows
    to know about me,and this so called trust us,Who are we trusting .YOU know?
    Um MS, any one know who thy are? and what thy DO? i dont ,YET thy ask us to trust them !
    and thy say whoever thy are we would never tell any one ,ok if thats so ,
    why do thy want to know your detales? and go to many ilit means to find out about you .
    after all you piad for your product,and thats where it ends
    as far as i see it..all the rest is just hogwash.ok there are some that cheat and dont pay
    that happens ,some steal and get away with it .So what? did not seem to lessen billys
    Bank account! No its what is know as controle,and having a data base full of your or my info
    Well there are the ones that dont worry,ok fair thing.but as for myself I like my PRIVACY
    and thats why i take time out to try and help the ones that also care
    Its not a debate as far as i see it You ether dont care or Do...
    this thing of Update every day (checks) what a lot of rubbish .No its more like
    Hallow nice to see you agian !.and now its in some cases, Thank you for loging in ,(check-Check)
    Ok you can use your PC NOW ! untill next time You Boot up .
    Its fine we got all your info ,and your DNA print.-------
    Thanks for your time reading a old mans view, and may you surf safely !
    itsmej
    I am not shure i may of ,as i try to help many pll but cant remember
    the many post i have made ,But thank you if i did..for you nice words..

5. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

well we have the new OS thats the Hot topick at the moment..to use or not to use ? first what i use .98 on 2 pcs, Xp first version on 2 athers, xp sev pack 2 .on my 5th pc..Non updated or added to Just the installed disks ,or should i say CDs
    any problems ? no, all run fine and are hardend ,i still use the 1 pc on the od time on the nett.but 98% of the time XP ,So what you May be thinking ,well one can almost do and have the freedom on what one Blocks,install,hack out,
    or change any of the OS up to XP last model ,not talking 64 bitt .versions Thy already started to change..and prevented a lott of freedom to Do as one liked ..So my advice is this ,get hold of all you can ,(programs) like fire walls ,
    virus,trojan,and add ins as you can ,download them and store them .i would say a few years away like (98.2000) it will be hard to get programs .get hold of as may Privacy programs ,that help you Now ,start dowloading them ,find all one can and save them ,while thy are plentyfull, I can tell you 98 runs Just as well on the net as any OS ,if you have it RIGHT, not a problem ..
    and less hit now ,as hakkers and scammeres hit XP and now VISTA is the one thy be hitting hard!
    any how what ever you the reader decide to stay with ,i hope its Good for you .As far as the New OS well Never on my Systems ,will it run on the nett
    will i play around with any of them ,Yes ,more as a see what it will Do ..
    So this is more of a post to remind ppl get what you can Now .before it all dissappears of the nett...Check out all the program posts that have very good links to sofwares ...Dowload them ,Store them like i adviced...
    itsmej

6. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

http://www.theorica.net/safexp.htm
    this one is as good as and better than winn worm cleaner ..it has more that one can set to stop.. works from winn 98 and to the latest model winn program . its my pick on the free port closeing....i realy think its worth the look at least i realy think you the surfer will be happy with it also as its free for Now ...one never knows if this may change ....i have also got some programs i downloaded
    on hardening ones pc just have to find them
    i have downloaded 2 of them but forgot to copy the ads
    soon as i come across them i will post them ..thy realy go into xp setups to allow or not ..
    yours itsmej

http://www.zebulon.fr/articles/zebprotect_en.php
    here is a ather type of port lock program ...(stand alone program)
    Share Deletion : deletes the default shares found under Windows.
    - Account deactivation : deactivates the hazardous accounts.
    - Closing critical ports : closes the services which "listen" to some specific ports.
    Closing critical ports
    Port 135 :
    Make sure to close the other ports prior to closing port 135.
    This service allows Remote Procedure Calls to be carried out. Any remote administrative call uses the RPC service. This port is allegedly a port mapper. When a device tries to reach a service on a remote PC (running under Windows), it first connects to this port (135) so that to locate the real port we want to reach. Then it will directly "talk" with the wished port.
    Windows suffered from several flaws, and a couple of worms like Blaster used this port so we highly recommend to close it.
    This option will forbid any access to port 135 so that to make it unreachable from the remote network (Internet), we could only use it locally in the local loop (127.0.0.1).

Sample comment on closing ports plus more ..
    i have run this for a year, finding and no problems ,
    Seems very handy to have ...
    by the way when running the program after you have set what you want to close it will ask are you ok ? anser yes and you get rebooted ..
    Place it here as its more a Privacy type programs that disables a lot of not needed EXE ,and keep ones privacy Safer in case one dont know , here is the small program to lock it
    http://grc.com/dcom/ in case you dont know about it...
    http://www.linklogger.com/detection.htm
    here a ather interesting site ... http://www.firewallleaktester.com/wwdc.htm

About Messenger Service Ads -----port 135 138,139

For the ppl who want to STOP it here is a site that has
    the detale and free pogram to halt it or reinable it AT a flick of your mouse!! http://www.intermute.com/messagesubtract/help.html

itsmej

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  7. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

Good idea about running 98se. As long as people secure it properly by locking it down, and IE, and a few nice security programs too, many which are free. So downloading and saving all the ones that work on it, including non security ones and drivers etc, makes perfect sense.

I do all the above, and never get infected however bad the site is, or what exploits are on there. Unlike people with XP, and as for Vista, well time will tell. But i'm safe as houses here. Don't mention DRM either lol.

StevieO

8. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, itsmej

One of the easiest ways to protect ones Privacy is to use A Linux OS. :eek:

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

9. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

For Shure! i often have been inticed to try it .But as i started with DOS 2.1
    went win the first one made found it easy to get programs , and sort of got use to using it ,well stuck with it .but lett me say this ,i an thinking hard Now
    changing over .as a Matter i may do so on one of my PCS and take a look at it .been thinking on it for the Last week .tell you what help me along and post there down load ,Ok the reasion i ask this have no idea what one to download . (OS) what i would like is the Pc version Type.a full install - not a cd type .but its a little hard what to download ,and where from ..a address would be nice ,as it looks like a big Program and would take a fiar time to Dowload ..
    itsmej

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  10. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

http://safety.live.com/site/en-US/default.htm
    Ok this site links to there program ,But did you know it also has a exploite !
    IE ,(SHOWHELP) was deteckted by my system ..Be aware
    plus agian when posting this Post (saving) plus refresh as well !

Windows Live Safety Center is a new, free service designed to help ensure the health of your PC.
    Mmm ok meaning We cant

Check for and remove viruses
    Learn about threats
    Improve your PC's performance
    Get rid of junk on your hard disk
    Ok this also we cant ?

Use the full service scan to check everything, or turn to the scanners and information in the service centers to meet your specific needs.
    Check every Thing ? and what Els one has not a idea about ..
    So it may be the way to go for Some,But i think for whats it worth , i would rather Do this of The nett ....without some site looking at my hard drive ,let
    alone Change things on it !
    No offence intended ,Or if peaple want some (trust US ) site to alter things on ones hard drive Ok Go for it ...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  11. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Why don't you give your topics a proper name in stead of your own Nick? So I can mark it as "read" even though I do not want it to read.

Gerard

12. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

"even though I do not want it to read."
    But u did! and hi to you clad to meet you .Thanks for your advice here !
    if you want to Mark what ever ,feel free to do as you see fit, .But if you did take a little time and read the first post perhaps you may of taken it a little bit easy'r on a new member
    but as its only a one off i dont think readers mind?
    thanks for your post.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  13. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

my post

well i hope its ok, what i did seems to be ,as its still there ,i felt that i had to say a litte about my self and why i jioned ,and what i like and if at all helps a little here and there ,add a comment ,piont of view that perhaps we can all learn from, share around ideas and just injoy the Site ,i find the info very usefull and its rather amazeing the amount there is and the subjects that pop up ..and hope my 1 cent worth here and there may be of some help?
    its very nice to be a part of it ,any how thank you agian to the forum and hopeing for a long nice stay here ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.