It is posible, that ERA sarver is considered as web browser by ESS/EAV, in case of pr

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by butre, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butre

butre Registered Member

hi

i have the same issue as in this post
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=304415

cannot figure out how to do this though, all settings are locked by policy and i cannot see where in the policy i can exclude this. also it is not clear to me what needs to be excluded
    i would have thought it would be pretty basic for the Eset console to be excluded by default from being scanned, the spelling mistake is hilarious as well.

am running Eset File Security 4.3.12014 on server version 4.0.138.
    i logged a case online many months ago but never heard back. it is not a big issue but would be good to resolve it as it keeps cluttering up my event log

anyone has any ideas how i can exclude this?
    many thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What's the problem with ERAS being considered a web browser? It downloads updates via HTTP, hence it's detected so. However, that does not affect the funtionality of ERAS in any way and there are no reasons to recommend deselecting ERAS in the list of browsers.

3. butre

butre Registered Member

it is not a problem but annoying as it comes up as a warning or error in the event log and every day when i check the event logs on my server i have to glance over it which cost time

a new version 4.5 of file server security has been released and one of the fixes is:

Added: Exclusions for ESET Remote Administrator Server

http://www.eset.com/download/business/detail/family/26/

have now applied this update and hope that it will stop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.