istbar & localnrd.dll

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by jaredite, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaredite

jaredite Registered Member

Hi all,
    I'm a registered TDS-3 user my question is will this software remove istbar and localnrd.dll I did not find this in my system but on a friend system who is constantly annoyed of popups coming up everytime he open his IE browser. He uninstalled the istbar program from the add remove program option but the IE toolbar is still having istbar option. can I try my registered copy of TDS-3 to try and remove this pest. My apology if I maybe posting this in the wrong forum.

Thanks and regards,
    jaredite

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi jaredite.. welcome to forums..

Your friend has Xlime hijacker... and will probably need help with a HJT log [which we don't do anymore]

Read this:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=222776#post222776
    There is link in there to other forums handling HJT...

It needs to be removed via that, then using AdAware and Spybot to clean up remnants....

Also more info here: http://www.google.com/search?q=localnrd.dll&sourceid=firefox&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

As to TDS using on friends... the Registered version is your domain only. But, they can dl and still run TDS on their system.

Just won't have Execution Protection [Real Time Monitoring] and will need to dl the latest defs [radius.td3 file]....

Cheers, TAS

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi jaredite,

an evaluation version of TDS updated on the site wil scan and do as much as the registered version of TDS you have, so there will not be a problem in detection on that system.
    And it's not allowed to use your keyfile on other systems.

But have you tried SpybotS&D with all scan options which wil show the exact registry keys involved and can clean them for you?
    There are more bars which have no files left and still show up in the IE menus.

You might like to look with HiJackThis for such empty search functions which will show "no file" or "file missing".

Hope this helps, keep us informed please!

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Yes the trial version is fully functional when it comes to detection etc so no worries with using that. HijackThis should be fine to remove the leftover toolbar entry, if you are waiting a while for someone to answer your log feel free to PM me with it and I'll try to help too :)

5. jaredite

jaredite Registered Member

Thanks to all who responded and for their suggestion. While analyzing the issue and through some research I found out that these are adware or malware and not necessarily trojan so I tried pestpatrol and it did clear it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.