Even though I do all my own downloading/extracting/installing of Windows Updates I do occassionally like to go the the Windows Updates website just to check things out, especially to see if they have any new device driver updates. Yesterday I went to the Windows Updates website and I was not able to use it. I got that Error: 0x8024400A off the right. The best I could find on the Microsoft website was that it's somewhat of an intermittent connection problem, to wait 10~15 minutes and try again later. Then Microsoft went on to say that if the waiting game didn't work that you had to temporarily disable your 3rd party Firewall and/or Antivirus/Antispyware......yeah...uh huh...right. So I went into the ESS Advanced settings. I noticed that on 2 particular items for Webrowser scanning and Active scanning were enabled, namely the WgaTray.exe and the Svchost.exe (the pics show after I disabled them): After I disabled both the Web browser and the Active scanning for both the WgaTray.exe and the Svchost.exe Windows Updates worked. I reckon the Windows Updates website doesn't like those 2 particular .exe's being scanned or blocked. Funny thing though. After I was finished using the WU website I went back into the ESS Advanced setup and re-enable both the browser and Active scanning on both of those .exe's and went back to the WU website and it was still working. Some kind of tickle job I reckon. Weird.