Issues with v3.0.621 and Thunderbird Webmail

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by slim26, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slim26

slim26 Registered Member

Hello,

I've recently upgraded to ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3.0.621.

I've found that I can not run this along with my Thunderbird Webmail extension. What the webmail extension does is it downloads webmail such as Yahoo & Hotmail into the Thunderbird email client. It does this by using localhost to connect to the web.

The problem is, the connection through localhost is not successful to the webmail services.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a setting that could be changed to get this to work again. This was not a problem is 3.0.566 or any version prior.

Thanks.

2. piranha

piranha Registered Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2008
  3. slim26

slim26 Registered Member

Issue is definitely with NOD32 v3.0 ... I've confirmed by uninstalling and downgrading NOD32 multiple times and re-installing.

I've also posted at Mozillazine and no help there yet, I suspect not a lot of thunderbird webmail users have upgraded to v.3.0.622 yet... once they do, they will also have a problem.

I have no email protection other then having email scanning turned on in v3.0 and linked to Thunderbird. However, even if I turn off the email scanning, I still can not receive or send any emails.

The webmail extension works through POP3 .. it uses "localhost" as the port to go online and download the mail (similar to YPOPS!).

I have tried disabling everything in NOD32 that I can think of, but the only way I can seem to get it working is by uninstalling the program. Maybe there is a conflict with the localhost port.

4. piranha

piranha Registered Member

I used Thunderbird and NOD32 with no problem but dont know and use webmail extension. I use MailWasher. I know too Pop Peeper...... have a look to them

5. slim26

slim26 Registered Member

Yeah... Thunderbird works without a problem... just the accounts (yahoo & hotmail) that utilize the extension don't.

6. slim26

slim26 Registered Member

I've found that the problem can be alleviated by disabling Thunderbird in the http access.

I do fear that this may not be leaving me open to receiving a virus via email, but I don't see any other option at this point.

I don't understand why this only became an issue with the latest update (621)

Attached Files:

7. wibo

wibo Registered Member

I have same problem but I'm using Nod32 2.7

How can I adapt v. 2.7 as you did in version 3.0.621?

I don't see an option to change this.

Same as you, I had not problems till 27 may then nod32 updated something and I could not use thunderbird webmail anymore.

8. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

antivirus.PNG

If you got this set, afaik Thunderbird saves the e-mail to a temp location to give your real time scanner the time to scan it. If it's not blocked, Thunderbird then moves it to your mail store. Not sure how that works with the webmail plugin. Though YaHoo uses Norton AV and Gmail Sophos, so you are covered by that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.