Issues with the IMON LSP

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by spm, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spm

spm Registered Member

In NOD32 v2.1 (and the 2.5 beta), the IMON LSP library causes problems with other programs also installing an LSP. In particular, if the IMON LSP is present, it not only stops many web filtering programs (such as CyberSitter, CyberPatrol, ContentProtect, etc.) from functioning correctly, it also in some cases adds serious Windows startup delays (in the order of minutes) and can even stop logons succeeding at all when any of these programs are installed.

If IMON is stopped (i.e., its LSP is not installed), all of these issues go away.

Also, the IMON LSP DLL causes recognition issues with some anti-spyware programs like CounterSpy and MSAS (both being derived from the old Giant AntiSpyware, of course).

Interestingly, LSPFix also suggests removing IMON.

Is Eset planning on fixing this for NOD32 2.5 (it doesn't look like it, yet)?

2. Security Freak

Security Freak Registered Member

i set-up my IMON yesterday follow all the steps that Blackspear provide and have no problems,this is very similar a download manager,is fast and secure

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

IMON is indeed a decent LS provider and even tidies up after itself if it's been uninstalled. This cannot be said about most other LSPs, which used to cause havoc in the LSP chain, so it's pretty reasonable to search for the culprit somewhere else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.