Issues with new version

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Just Observing, Aug 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have found two issues with the latest release.

1st - When initiating a scan or clean, the program will run for 2-3 minutes and then the window will completely disappear from the screen. Reopening the program and launching either scan or clean and it will run to completion. If I then close and reopen it again, and repeat the process, it bombs out.....it happens every other time.

2nd - Internet Explorer seems to be having a lot of problems. I have never had IE give me an error stating that IE has encounterd an error and needs to close. This started with the install of the latest version.

Box has XP with SP2.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I had this happen for the very first time on my 2nd PC here at home, it began a scheduled scan, then shut itself down and a few seconds later started back with the scheduled scan from new, just as though the glitch never happened..

I'm not using IE any more, so can't comment on that one.

Can you drop a line to:

beta2011@eset.sk and place a link to this thread...

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. That link is for the Beta version. This version is now called the Final Release....would that still be the appropriate link for these issues?

4. Blackspear

I would still use it until told otherwise... being that they are still working on issues...

5. Can you drop a line to:

beta2011@eset.sk and place a link to this thread...

Done.

6. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Well i had the same problem as b4. After i installed the new NOD32 i could never get my internet collection. But after i uninstall it everything works fine.....

7. Blackspear

Did you send a email to beta2011@eset.sk and did they reply?

8. iwod

iwod Registered Member

No.... can't be bothered..... Since i had that issue since the beta. So if they have not fix it proberly because of my machine.

9. Blackspear

I would really appreciate it if you could, I'm always interested to find a solution to a problem with Nod32. I would like to know how to fix it.

Try disabling IMON to see if it dissapears.

Let us know how you go...

10. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Ok ....... since our Blackspear want it so much i will write a email to them later.

Yes i have try disabling EVERYthing in NOD32 and it still won't work. Uninstalling was the only soloution. ( As happen in the beta as well )

11. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Guys, please do not email to beta2011@eset.sk given that the final version is out. Rather than that, drop an email to support@nod32.com or fill in the form on our website.

As to the problem with the on-demand scanner window closing automatically, please try carrying out an in-depth scan in safe mode. If this is to no avail, leave only files selected for scanning (no archives, no runtime packers) to see if it makes a difference.

12. Yeah, I've used that email address before. It NEVER gets answered!

As far as scanning in safe mode, I'm not about to reboot into safe mode everytime that I want to scan. Why would you be telling me to do that when in fact, you stated in the other thread that this issue was fixed two days ago? Was it fixed or not? If so, why not state so in this thread and ask what modules are installed? I'm starting to wonder if in fact this is a resolved issueo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O??

13. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This is a symptom of an Agobot infection (hence I suggested to carry out a scan in safe mode), also it might be a problem of the archive module you use (hence I'd need to know what version you currently have).

14. The info you requested is in the other thread. I do NOT have an agabot infection. If the scan/clean will run every other time, then it is NOD that has the problem. An infection would kill the process everytime.......not every other time.

15. Blackspear

The dissapearing act I have only noticed once, but will see how it goes over the next few days or so. Both my systems are also clean.

16. izi

izi Registered Member

Maybe NOD doesn’t recognize this version of Agobot.

17. It's not agobot! It's a bug with the scanner. I've removed this "new" version and put back my previous version. Scans are fine.......nothing found.

This "new" version was released WAY TOO SOON. Look at the posts here....problems, problems, problems!

18. Blackspear

Agreed :D

19. Big D1

Big D1 Registered Member

Installed the new version today for evaluation of Windows XP SP2.

When I first did an on demand scan, the scan started, and then it closed itself in about 5 to 10 seconds. I tried numerous on demand scans afterwards, and all the scans were successful, and they did not close. I have no idea why it closed on the very first scan.

20. Because it's BUGGY!

21. k1w1

k1w1 Guest

I've got the latest version - 2.12.1 and have been having trouble accessing a couple of websites with the "enable HTTP checking" ticked in IMON. Signing in at MSN gaming zone (www.zone.com) either doesn't work or takes an extremely long time (I give up before finding out if it's the latter) and searching/viewing results at the microsoft support site was extremely slow and resulted in an unusual page display. The frames were at the top and right as usual, but the main text was displayed at a level below the frames at the right, instead of next to. Disabling the "HTTP checking" results in things going back to normal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.