Issues in updating

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Dest581, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dest581

Dest581 Guest

Hello. I am trying to update the definitions for spyware blaster. It seems that no matter what connection settings I try (in spyware blaster, not system settings), it says it wont work. It tells me to go to the spywareblaster page, (which I did) and update from there. I cant seem to find a way to update. Maybe I missed a link in huge letters saying "update", and maybe I didnt.

Thanks for your help,
    Dest

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Dest581,

When SpywareBlaster redirects you to the web-page to get an update, it actually means that there is a whole new version of the SpywareBlaster program available. (This is a pretty nice way Javacool has of alerting people that a new program version has been released.)

You basically need to go to the SpywareBlaster download page itself and get a copy of v3.1, which is the latest version available at the moment. Use your browser to download that install file from any one of the links on that page, save it to your PC, remembering where you saved it, reboot your PC (not always needed, but often after getting the update alert inside SB itself, it becomes locked and a reboot makes upgrading cleaner), and then simply run that installer program to put the new version on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.