Issue with DiskCryptor

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Nomicon, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Nomicon

Nomicon Registered Member

Hi,

I installed DiskCryptor and being the ignoramus that I am, I encountered a problem, namely that I got locked out of my computer. Long ago, I used DiskCryptor without any problems; however, my computer now has UEFI, something which it seems DiskCryptor is not supporting. It is mentioned on the home page, and I knew the software had not been updated for long, but I just did what I did the last time I used it (maybe it sounds more stupid than it actually was?)

Anyway, what happened is as follows:

1. Windows refuses to load (after that I browse the DiskCryptor forums)

2. I figure out the UEFI is not supported and as such the bootloader is not working

3. Luckily there is a bootable bootloader a guy created (Yippie! I am saved!!! Or am I?)

4. After some tweaking in BIOS the bootloader starts...

5. Oh no! No disk drives are NOT detected in DiskCryptor! Not in "My computer", not in "Disk Management"... nowhere!

6. What to do? What to do? Ask on the DiskCryptor forum! WHAT? Registration is closed! What to do? What to do? Ahh, ask the pros at Wilderssecurity.

And here I am now, please help, guys and ladies!

The only thing I can think of now that might have to do with the problem is that I created the bootable bootloader in Linux (that took a while to figure out, let me tell you! Piece of cake on Windows with Rufus though. Anyway, I ended up using WoeUSB (nothing else booted into the Windows 7 Diskcryptor rescue disk). I don't know though, it did boot, so everything should be okay (but it is not).

Other than that, I know the disk (and Windows) is there. It shows in BIOS and UEFI, only it refuses to boot. No cables lose in the chassis or some such thing! Well actually, it was a while ago I had such a computer. I got myself one of those super tiny almost weightless laptops.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.