Issue with BitDefender

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by vhl71, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vhl71

vhl71 Registered Member

Got the Bitdefender total security installed on my laptop and turned on the parental control for my kid. Created a profile for her age and as soon as I set it up, I couldn't go to any website. All websites such as google.ca, cnn.com all blocked with a message saying your parents have blocked it.

Called BitDefender tech support and they couldn't solve the issue either. Every website I tried is in the blacklist of BD parental control. If I click on one and make it to Whitelist then that website works. Even the tech support guy has no idea why this has happened.

I deleted and recreated the profile - but issue remains same.

I even uninstalled BD and reinstalled it. As soon as i create a profile, the issue comes back.

Now the issue has been escalated to BD senior tech support and they want me to run logs and send it to them - looks like its a long process.

Anyone experienced this?

2. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

3. vhl71

vhl71 Registered Member

No I didn't post it there. thanks for the link anyway.

4. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

Your welcome you should get some help there.

5. vhl71

vhl71 Registered Member

did you link the kids profile in parental control with a local user account that is not the admin account? Since only my daughter uses that laptop, i only have the admin account in that. Could this be the issue?

6. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

I don't have total security i have Plus and it don't have that feature(parental control) sorry,sometimes it takes time but someone should get with you over there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.