ISR and PD 10

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Egelie, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Egelie

Egelie Registered Member

I have never understand the interaction between Fisrst Defence -ISR and Perfectdisk 10.

when using Perfect diak 10 , it defragments the whole disk, or only the snapshot ?

When placing PD 10 on diffrent snapshots and start analyse, it looks to me it analyses the snapshot.
    But sometimes its not clear to me.

Who knows more

frits

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

First of all, be careful with PD, I believe that the last couple of versions have been somewhat incompatible with FD.

Now, to answer your question: ANY defragger will defrag ALL of the Snapshots, not just the Primary Snapshot that you happen to be in.

Acadia

3. Egelie

Egelie Registered Member

thank i thought so.

But you know Perfect disk 10 is Microsft certified.
    Means minimunm it is programmed by the rules of microsft.
    Is FSD also ?

Frits

4. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

If I am understanding your last question correctly, I don't believe that FirstDefense was ever Microsoft certified, someone correct me if I am wrong here. Several versions of PerfectDisk were compatible with FD because for a couple of years Raxco was selling both of those fine programs. The versions of PD that were compatible with FD were 6 through 8 or 9. I believe, but am not sure, that PD stopped being compatible with FD when PD added the real time, constant defragging feature, by then, Raxco had not been selling FD for at least a couple of years.

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.