Isnt this just funny

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kuba, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuba

kuba Registered Member

Yesterday i got the same error messages a lot of others were getting with the 0x70020 corrupt archive or whatever.
    Tested the .tib's today and everything is fine...wth is up with that?

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

From the dearth of information that you have provided a definitive answer is not possible. Perhaps you have an unstable system. You could run several housekeeping and memory tests that could identify the problem/s.

Xpilot.

3. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

When I get any kind of strange 'happenings' on a computer running Windows, or any other OS for that matter, I always reboot and then try and see it the 'happening' occurs again. A reboot will seem to clear up a lot of unexplained, weird happenings on a computer. :) This 'fix' started mostly with Windows 98 OS and earlier, but it still is very useful at times with XP. Always try a reboot first, if you have a problem...as it only take a few seconds, and if that doesn't solve the issue, then dig a little deeper.

...Allen ;)

4. kuba

kuba Registered Member

So you're saying to reboot and check the image again, essentially?
    Thanks

5. kuba

kuba Registered Member

Does the image of the drive you're copying, have to be copied onto the same drive?

6. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

No, and if fact, that is not recommended. If you do that and the HD goes south, the backup image goes with it.

7. kuba

kuba Registered Member

Well, I did another test both through Windows and the bootable, got an error both times. 0x70020, etc, etc...
    So, whatever, I took the risk booted up the image and I'm running on it right now. Through the bootable.
    Worked out fine. SO FAR...that is...
    I'm disappointed that it's quirky like that.
    <snip>

edited to remove advertisement - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2006
  8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kuba,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that you are using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0. You can download the update from the Product Updates section of our web site.

Please create new Acronis Bootable Rescue CD using the latest build.

If the issue persists with the latest build then please do the following using the Check Archive tool embedded into Acronis True Image:

- check the image from within Windows and inform us about the result;
    - check the image from Acronis True Image 9.0 bootable rescue CD and inform us about the result;

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.