Is Windows 10 better then Windows 8

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ChrisFerro3, Dec 20, 2016.

1. ChrisFerro3

ChrisFerro3 Registered Member

When I read several posts here I feel that Windows 8.1 is not a good operating system and I run it on my main desktop computer. People here I read say that Windows 10 is better and 8.0 or 8.1 is not good. I worry too much and think I should run something people say.

2. guest

guest Guest

Win10 is way better, Win10 is what Win8 should have been.

3. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Grab 10 if you can. It is by far the best Microsoft OS. I had run 8.1 a year or so before I upgraded to 10 and comparing the both, the 10 is the undisputable winner.

4. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

5. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

If you already have Windows 8 installed, you don't have to worry, just use it. Yes Windows 10 is in some regards better but worse in other.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  6. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

If had to upgrade to Win 10 from Win 8/8.1 by paying, I would say forget it, Win 8.1 is good enough, and as T. Okami said both operating systems are very similar. As the upgrade was free for a long time, it certainly made sense to do it, as most of the time the latest Windows is the best Windows, and Win 10 is no exception, if it works properly on a particular machine it is the best OS, fast, safe, and stable. There are privacy issues, but they can be easily minimized in the configuration.

7. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

In terms of what?

Protection?
    Performance?
    Privacy?

8. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

In terms of aesthetics, safety and efficiency, yes! Provided that it's optimally installed on supported hardware. :)

9. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

10 isn't that much better than 8.1, 8.1 is a fine operating system I have no issues with my PC's if you have 8.1 just stick with that you'll be fine.

10. boredog

boredog Registered Member

upgrade to 10 , everybody likes free stuff, especially when it comes to computer protection, right?:shifty:
    could always go back to MS DOS 6.5

11. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Under the hood, yes it's better...but whether or not it's worth upgrade from 8.1, it depends on whether it's a free upgrade and whether you are willing to make some trade-offs in terms of control. Best thing to do is try it out for yourself...no amount of advise here will beat hands-on experience to see if the OS fits your needs and comfort zone.

12. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Are you kidding me, Win 8 is what Win 10 should have been. :D

13. guest

guest Guest

lol , i admit Win8 is the OS for masochists, those who like suffer to use it. and Win10 is the OS for exhibitionists :p

14. nimd4

nimd4 Registered Member

... Unless you live in the States:
    Code:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/torrents/comments/3zcdy1/what_are_your_chances_us_piracy_lawsuit_analysis/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.