Is UR required to do a UR restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fesee, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fesee

fesee Registered Member

If a backup is done with a non Universal restore version of TI, can one go back with a UR version and perform a UR on the restored image.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Yes, I've seen this done. During the Restore process, the UR gives you the option to add drivers pertaining to the "new" machine. It doesn't matter if a non-UR version of True Image was used to make the backup.

3. atitlan

atitlan Registered Member

Let me get this straight: One can make ATI-11 archives of a Vista system that True Image Echo Workstation + Universal Restore Add-on "Bootable Media" will correctly read and restore to differing hardware, for example a new motherboard?

I understand that TIEW/UR supports restoration to differing hardware, but I am interested to confirm archive [file] compatibility.

Hello Acronis! — can you verify this?

Hello True Image Echo Workstation + Universal Restore users! Does this combo work well with Vista?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fesee, atitlan and everyone interested,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Software.

Please be aware that Acronis Universal Restore is only used during the restore process. Therefore, it doesn't matter if the version of Acronis True Image that created the image included Acronis Universal Restore or not.

Acronis guarantees backup compatibility for different Acronis True Image products within the same version number. E.g., Acronis True Image Echo Workstation will work with backups created by Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows.

Compatibility between different branches of Acronis True Image products (i.e. Acronis True Image Home and Acronis True Image Echo), however, is not guaranteed (though it is still often possible to restore).

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.