Is TI FIXED in 9.0?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by FORD99, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FORD99

FORD99 Registered Member

Hello all (including support),

If a persona does a search on my name/nick you will notice that with my system which is by no means obsolete but rather still very much a main stream unit.

Anyhow i couldnt get even with all the TI support in the forums or even the techs at Acronis get 8.0 to work with my raid setup. In fact to even get my system to boot with the boot CD i had to turn off my USB card reader in the bios. Any way i managed to get ti to boot and then make an image but have never been able to get the image to come out in a working state. It always fails the image integrity check in the boot mode or even under windows when checking the image integrity check, hence i have never been able to get the software to work UNLESS! i disable the USB card reader in the bios and disable my raid setup and set it to a single drive system. This in no way helps me and defeats the whole purpose of purchasing this software for which it was or is intended for. What i want to know is ....is 9.0 working approoriately with USB card readers and raid setups. Its not like my raid setup isnt one that is a mainstream hardware and setup because so far i havent been able to make this software work and frankly that just ticks me off and even while working with Acronis support and completely attempting all suggestions to the letter and communicating all feedback to them to the end result that their software was and isnt working with my setup (which again is not anything out of the mainstream) they never once offered to refund my purchase or even offer to give me an upgrade ot the latest version with the possibility that it might work!>? Does it?

Acronis i think that your version of customer service has failed me and i am completely frsutrated that you have now released another version without ever really completely ironing out the original bugs with version 8.0 and its respective builds. I alos please ask those that are using the software with a simple drive setup to not bother commenting as "Gee it works for me" is like comparing apples to oranges. I as i stated above have tried everything others in the forum have suggested and of course worked very closely for about a months time with Acronis support and their suggestions and i have not managed to have the software work as advertised and as suggested to me by Acronis support.

I dont post this to create any animosity with Acronis and myself but to have questions answered and if they cant answer the "Why" this software isnt working with my system at the very least they could answer why are they selling another version when they havent actually fixed the other version first!?!

My systems specs:
    Asus P4P800 Dlx MB
    Seagate 80GB 8MB SATA x 2 RAID
    WD 80GB 8MB IDE 1 drive
    LiteOn SOHW-1693S
    ATI Radeon 9800 PRO
    Hauppage 350-PCI PVR
    MITSUMI FA404A-BK 7-IN-1 FLOPPY DRIVE & FLASH-READER CF/SM/SD/MMC/MS
    P4 3.2GHz Prescott CPU (not overclocked)
    PC3700 OCZ 2x512MB Ram

The above system should be fully covered for hardware support and operation with Acronis software with the exception of the 7in1 drive but the image files fail the inegrity checks even when it is disabled in the bios from the system and image file.

Also before some people (if they do?) start to share that it might be this or that i have tried all suggestions already including all those suggested by Acronis support and they have all failed to produce a working image file, yet Symantecs Ghost works flawlessly!!! Now as i stated above i am not here to argue or create animosity but rather ask why is it that Acronis has moved on to selling another version without making sure that they had the version prior to this one working and does this version even worko_O

Sincerely,

Ford

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Ford,

I'm sorry to hear that Acronis have been unable to sort out your problem. As you have probably read in this forum, corrupted images are usually caused by marginally functional or faulty hardware. Can you confirm that you have in fact tried creating an image to your IDE drive, creating a MD5/HASH checksum of it, then simply copying image file back to your RAID array, creating a MD5/HASH checksum of that and compare the two checksums? If the two checksums are different then it rules out True Image as the source of the problem.

Regards

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ford,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm really sorry for your inconvenience.

Please do as Menorcaman has suggested and inform us about the results.

Please also download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0, create Bootable Rescue CD, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

Please note that you will not be able to create an image archive running trial version of Acronis True Image from bootable rescue mode (but you can still create an image archive in Windows).

However, please verify the image by means of the Check Image tool both from under Windows and when booted from Bootable Rescue CD and inform me about the results.

Please also let me know your Acronis request # which can be found in the subject of the letters that you received from Acronis Support. I'll take a look how the invesigation of your issue was going and try to help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.