Is TI 11 CD supposed to AutoPlay?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Howard Kaikow, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

I can boot from the TI 11 CD

Is the CD also supposed to Autoplay within Windows 2000?

The CD is the retail CD.

2. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Howard,
    I have no experience with the retail CD however, I would expect that it might. Does the CD have an autorun.inf file in the root. If it does you can open it and see what it points to.

Bruce

3. Howard Kaikow

My question was intended to find out if anyone else with a retail TI 11 CD was able to autoplay but just inserting the CD.

I have other CDs that autoplay, but the TI 11 CD will not.

4. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

Retail (boxed) version CD
    [autorun]
    icon = Autorun\TrueImage.ico
    open = Setup.exe

I don't recall whether it actually autoplayed, but I have that stuff shut off normally. Computer boots fine from that CD.

5. Howard Kaikow

Yes, but it doesn't work on my Win 2000 SP 4 system.
    I have autoplay enabled, and works with other CDs.

6. Ray Clare

Ray Clare Registered Member

The only time you want it to "play" at all is when you are first installing it in Windows. Once that is done, all you'll ever do is boot on it.

7. shieber

shieber Registered Member

lol, and if it's 11, somedays you might put your boot on it ;-)

8. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Howard,
    There’s Autorun and AutoPlay. I believe that they are somehow related but not sure. Autorun will allow the setup program to run at boot and apparantly that works. With only a reference to WinXP I find that Autoplay is dependent on the content of the data. Win 2000 may be different, don’t know. Try opening My Computer and highlight the CD drive. Right-click on it and go to properties. If you have an AutoPlay tab select it. Use the pull down arrow to select the type of data. From here you can see your options. I don’t have a good way to test what you are looking for. Using WinXP Home if I load the rescue media CD for example while running in Windows, the CD opens and displays the files on it.

This doesn’t answer what you are looking for but thought I would add what I can.

Edit:
    I didn’t state this correctly. Using the retail version of TrueImage 8 as a guide (TI-11 may be different), if in Windows, inserting the retail CD autorun should start the application’s installation wizard. In that the Recovery Manager folder is also included, at boot up the Linux Rescue Media will open.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  9. Howard Kaikow

AutoPlay is in the context menu for the CD drive, indeed, it is bolded and first in the list.

If I browse the cd and double-click the Setiup.exe for the AutoRun, NOTHING executes.

I have to navigate to the Setup.exe in the True Image directory.

This is likely a Win 2000 isssue, but TI 11 claims to support Win 2000, so TI needs to figure this out.

I purchased TI 11 for use on my next system, which will have Windows XP or Windows Vista, or both.

I did a temporary install and ran a full backup.
    Very disappointing, but I'll address this in a different thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.