Is this software enough?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by dja2k, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

What are the comprehensive sets of extensions?

You might consider turning off monitoring of startup files and startup registry <--I have Regdefend on with RegRun Entries enabled

dja2k

2. Pollmaster

Pollmaster Guest

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I don't have any other startup monitor on except Regdefend. I don't run counter spy nor microsoft's antispyware in realtime. As far as the link to the posts on script defender, it doesn't really tell me more about what I needed to know. I mean I have the defualt extensions on, but they said there are more you can add to it. Anyways, is Script Sentry better or the same as Script Defender?

dja2k

4. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Okay so I changed from using script defender to using script sentry. Script Sentry has more options when a block is made. Script Sentry has some extra extensions than script defender although you might be able to add them. Anyways, script sentry seems like a nice little app.

dja2k

5. Pollmaster

Pollmaster Guest

Linking to posts found by searching seems problematic.

In any case, I cut and paste the extensions here.
    .OCX,.COM,.SYS,.DLL,.CHM,.CMD,.CPL,.MSC,.MSI,.EML,.JS,.JSE,.PIF,.MSG,.MSG,.SCR,.INF,.INS,.ISP,.CRT,.LNK,.REG,.SCT,.WSC,.BAT,.HTM,.HTML,.VBS,.VBE,.HTA,.WSF,.WSH,.SHS,.SHB

I would say, Scriptdefender's ability to add extensions to cover, trumps Script defender's slightly more informationative popup.

6. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Well since my change from Zonealarm 5 to Outpost 2.6. I still got blue screens with Outpost. Other posts here in Wilders recommended Looknstop, but didn't work for me, gave me errrors from the start and didn't even block anything like they said as far as application filtering, maybe it just didn't work for me. Anyways, someone else recommended bitguard. Since I am desperate, will try that and see what it does. If not back to zonealarm pro for me even though I didn't like the rulesetting on it.

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.