Is this normal of phone sales department support?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by taenycf, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taenycf

taenycf Registered Member

I was accused for fraud and called the customer service. They said they will order for me through the phone and asked for my credit card information. With no avail my license came to my email but I did not get charged for eset yet, was I getting scammed?

2. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

http://www.eset.com/us/about/contact/

WHAT would have caused anyone to contact you about (I presume) Un-authorized use of ESS? --- Sounds Phishy to me.

You should post the phone # you called here and maybe a Moderator can comment/check-it-out - AND -

call ESET at an appropriate # in the Link above (you don't show your location) and ask them about this phone # and "Do They have an active Customer Svc action in process for you?".

Call ESET asap and Call your credit Card Company and discuss your suspicions with them & how to best handle this.

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

agreed i would contact your cc company immediately. and eset here you can contact one of the eset mods.

4. taenycf

taenycf Registered Member

The number I called was the eset number, on my bank statement there is an authorized payment of
    CHECKCARD ON 09/04
    $59.99 Temporary merchant authorization
    Amount may change - waiting for final amount from merchant

however, it did not deduct money yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.