Is this like FD-ISR (Classic)?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by bgoodman4, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

A link to a program called icore was just posted by PROROOTECT. It seems to me this is very similar to the original FD-ISR. Is this correct? Also, does anyone know if this program is freeware? I cannot find a price for it anywhere on the linked to website. Info about the program may be found here http://icoresoftware.com/index.html

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. bgoodman4

Thank you very much.

4. raakii

raakii Registered Member

I didnt find as good as fd-isr(fd-isr is far better) , comparable to any lite virtualisation software but its very slow .

5. bgoodman4

Thanks for the comment raaki, please correct me if I am wrong but most of the virtualization software I have looked at will not maintain the virtual systems after reboot. Also, this is the first program that I have found that will allow multiple virtual systems to be maintained on the same PC> I know the original FD-ISR would allow this but the current version of FD will not. Thats why i asked if this program was similar.

Could you point out currently available programs that will allow for this that are better than icore? Thanks.

PSL I have Returnil and RollBack Rx

6. raakii

raakii Registered Member

Yes u have options with fd-isr , rollback rx and icore which allow multiple virtual systems, pls stick to rollback rx(as it fastest of all and ) as u dont have fd-isr.Icore new version will be out soon , try it after it is released.

Among lite virtualization that allow reboot session.
    U may try shadowuser for testing.I am waiting for stable Comodo Timemachine to be released.

7. bgoodman4

As I understand it RollBack is not really designed for this but i can see how you can use it in this manner. RB is primarily a rollback type system as opposed to a multi system or as icore calls it virtual account type program. That is it will let you quickly revert your system as opposed to switching to a different system. Since I have no experience with the original FD-ISR it is only by extension that I think icore is similar. The current FD-ISR is definitely not a program of this sort. I will take a look at Comodo Timemachine but again from the name it sounds like a rollback type program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.