is this false-positive?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by murlay, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. murlay

murlay Registered Member

hello, i need help here. after scanning my system using ewido final trial, i got a report saying that 'scardsvr.exe' which is located in 'WINDOWS/System32/' folder is a malware with 'High' rating threat. i dont know if this was a false positve or not since my so-so antivirus didnt recognize it as a threat. so please people at ewido help me abt this. please confirm this. thanks.

the file can be downloaded from this link. ~snip~

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2006
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

3. murlay

murlay Registered Member

im really sorry for that. btw, thank you for correcting me.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

No big deal murlay ;)

Also....it doesn't appear to be a False positive according to Jotti's malware scan results.

5. murlay

murlay Registered Member

thanks again. but why is nod32 not detected it as malware? isnt it quite powerful antivirus? any idea?

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello murlay,

I'm not sure I'm qualified to have an answer concerning that. However....I was doing a little Google searching about that file and came across this 2 month old thread on another forum where an individual had the same type inquiry. Mind you it does have it's similarities to your problem but there didn't seem to be any substance in regards to the responses :doubt:

7. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

The 'individual' had the same type of 'name' as well. :D

8. btman

btman Registered Member

I use kaspersky very good product :) Not a big fan of nod32 for some reason though lol.

9. joel406

joel406 Registered Member

The free tool to remove the offending malware is avalible free at the NOD32 website and the signatures will be avalible in an update if they are not already. Kaspersky releses nothing but beta software and is a total system hog. Stick with NOD32 your safer.

10. yusky03

yusky03 Registered Member

they release so many betas because they are trying to make the next version of there product the very definition of perfection after every beta they fix the bugs reported then put out another, the other AVs teams are lazy in comparison

11. btman

btman Registered Member

NOD32 safer then kaspersky... i almost cried there (of laughing)... the guy above me knows what's going on... kaspersky's next final release is going to be awesome

A system hog? Uhh no.

12. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

The answer is simple. Because there is NO PROGRAM out there which has 100% detection and protection.

There is always a threat which will not be detected ...

Regards,
    Vinzenz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.