is this bad? (incoming UDP datagrams)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Hummer, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummer

Hummer Registered Member

I refreshed my server list in gamespy3D (server browser for 3d games) and kerio brought up these prompts, these IP's are actual servers.. Not sure why they are trying to connect to these things on my system.. not listed was a connection attempt to my svchost.exe too.. Please explain.

Someone from pcp05207901pcs.walngs01.pa.comcast.net [68.85.19.87], port 27015 wants to send UDP datagram to port 3001 owned by 'Application Layer Gateway Service' on your computer

Someone from 65.19.134.205, port 27040 wants to send UDP datagram to port 3020 owned by 'Internet Relay Chat Client' on your computer

Someone from 66.237.58.27.ptr.us.xo.net [66.237.58.27], port 27015 wants to send UDP datagram to port 3073 owned by 'AOL Instant Messenger' on your computer

Someone from isti529.fasthousing.de [62.141.41.21], port 27015 wants to send UDP datagram to port 3012 owned by 'Kerio Personal Firewall Engine' on your computer

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi Hummer

If you are satisfied the traffic is from legitimate servers, then there is probably nothing to worry about. The source port on 3 is the same and the other is not far off. The destination ports are all in the 3000 range as well.

Does the help file for this program give you any information on what traffic will be required to be allowed through firewalls?

What rule(s) do you have in place right now?

With Kerio you could always create a rule for gamespy3D which permits all UDP and enable logging long enough to determine the port ranges used. You could then customize your rule once this has been determined.

Regards,

CrazyM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.