Is this a better way to scan with RootkitRevealer 1.4 ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by surferdude, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surferdude

surferdude Guest

I have two separate hard drives in my computer (C & F), with two different Windows operating systems on each drive.

So my question is, if I scan one hard drive with RootkitRevealer.exe, from the other drive (F to C for example), are there any benefits from doing a scan this way?

Is this a better way to do a scan? Or is there little difference from doing a scan on the same drive?

I thought I heard it mentioned somewhere that scanning one drive from another drive (or another computer) is the best way to do a scan because the rootkit can't detect that your doing a scan or something like that.

Thanks for any insights and help.

2. zcv

zcv Registered Member

That's how I'm set up and do reciprical scans. It is better from a theoretical standpoint, whether its better in reality, I don't know, scans never find anything.

BTW, the scans end up scanning both anyway - if run from the 2nd OS, D in my case, it'll scan C first then D, running the scan from C, same.

Regards - Charles

3. controler

controler Guest

And I have suggested using a RAM drive with a virtual OS loaded but never did get any comments.

Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.