Is this a better way to scan with RootkitRevealer 1.4 ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by surferdude, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surferdude

surferdude Guest

I have two separate hard drives in my computer (C & F), with two different Windows operating systems on each drive.

So my question is, if I scan one hard drive with RootkitRevealer.exe, from the other drive (F to C for example), are there any benefits from doing a scan this way?

Is this a better way to do a scan? Or is there little difference from doing a scan on the same drive?

I thought I heard it mentioned somewhere that scanning one drive from another drive (or another computer) is the best way to do a scan because the rootkit can't detect that your doing a scan or something like that.

Thanks for any insights and help.

2. zcv

zcv Registered Member

That's how I'm set up and do reciprical scans. It is better from a theoretical standpoint, whether its better in reality, I don't know, scans never find anything.

BTW, the scans end up scanning both anyway - if run from the 2nd OS, D in my case, it'll scan C first then D, running the scan from C, same.

Regards - Charles

3. controler

controler Guest

And I have suggested using a RAM drive with a virtual OS loaded but never did get any comments.

Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.