is there WindowsXP SP3 ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WindowsXP SP3, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. is there WindowsXP SP3 ?

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Only SP1/SP2, but who knows, maybe they'll make a new one.

3. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Yep,it will be out soon but they've called it Vista! :D

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

There will definitely be a SP3 of XP, but when, who knows................maybe late next year. :)

5. toploader

toploader Registered Member

6. ice60

ice60 Guest

i would only try it on a test PC as not all the patches will likely work on all PCs.

7. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

:D :D :D
    I would like to have it to replace my Windows 96 :D

8. hadi

hadi Guest

9. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

the info on the sp3 sound good loads of hot fixes patches etc...

i wonder wat will the new features be?

BTW every yr a new windows media player is released every september or i think august well does that mean windows media player 11 will come out this month or i am wrong and windows media player 10 is still not 1 yr old?

10. bch

bch Registered Member

The Windows XP SP3 Preview Pack #2 mentioned by toploader and hadi is available from Softpedia http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Windows-XP-Service-Pack-3-Preview.shtml but they say this about it :

"This download may include additional applications bundled with the software's installer file. Third-party applications bundled with this download may record your surfing habits, deliver advertising, collect private information, or modify your system settings. Pay close attention to the end user license agreement and installation options.

You are advised to run Ad-Aware or similar programs after installing this product."

I have no idea if this is anything to be concerned about in practice or what, if any, third part programs are involved but thought it best to let you know about it.

11. toploader

toploader Registered Member

hi bch - if what softpedia says is true then i'm amazed they have it on their site - both softpedia and majorgeeks are classed as reputable sites - if this download is spyware ridden that would damage their credibility as portals for safe download.

12. myluvnttl

myluvnttl Registered Member

I think I will wait until SP3 is final and not a preview.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.