Is there such a thing as free AV for non-profit?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by WestEnd, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WestEnd

WestEnd Registered Member

I work for a non-profit and we are always trying to get a good deal. We have had McAfee, Norton, Panda on our computers and we want to try something new, don't like these very much.

I have looked in to AVG, Avast but their free version is only for home use. Was about to purchase the Avast Pro AV today, but the "kid" who came out to install it, could not log on to Avast to download it. I am about to almost back out of that deal.

Is there such a thing as a free AV for small non-profits? The kid that came out also recommended Nod32 and bit defender, but I have no knowledge about them. I need something that is easy for us to use. I have been informed that the firewall in the router will be enough since we don't have any financial info or creditcard info on our computers.

Please give me some input. We need 9 licenses.

Thanks.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I haven't heard for free AV product for non-profit . All free antivirus software are to be used only from home users and especially for non-commercial aim.

May be you should read their sites and EULA for more information , I can't tell you more :oops: (;) )

I believe you may probably get some kind of discount depending what your orgranisation is . I personally strongly recommend you have a look at ESET NOD32 because it is small , fast , reliable , with excellent detection rate and easy to use . Especially here in Bulgaria , NOD32 is the cheapest AV software which someone can buy , the price for 9 PCs Professional edition is 226 USD (no VAT)

Just have a look at AV vendor's sites , contact their Sales Departments and ask , they will help you :thumb: :thumb: ;)

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Although I am not aware of any free-for-non-profit AV, NOD32 and F-Prot offer large discounts for non-profit organization customers.

Here is the F-Prot deal:
    http://www.f-prot.com/products/prices/price_win.html#nonprofit

And if you want to know more about non-profit discounts with NOD32, please send an email to sales@nod32-av.com and provide all the necessary details. :)

Both F-Prot and NOD32 are very good AV programs. NOD32-AV has an advantage over other sellers of NOD32 in the fact that they offer a pre-configured version of NOD32 for maximum protection out of the box, so you don't have to manually configure anything.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2006
  4. dog

dog Guest

Clam is free and opensource --- it isn't the best performer detection wise --- but if your risk level is lower, it should more than suffice. ;)

http://www.clamwin.com/

or platform indepenent - http://www.clamav.net/

Like the others have suggested, contact the sales dept. of various AVs and see if deals are available for non-profit groups.

Steve

5. btman

btman Registered Member

I would have to say Kaspersky, I can't say anything bad about it.

6. WestEnd

WestEnd Registered Member

Thanks for your advise. I have never heard of Kaspersky. I think I am going to download the trial version and try.

Anyone else with suggestions, please bring it on.

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome ! :thumb:

After you receive a picture of the companies prices , download and try their trial versions to see how exactly they work in real-life :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.